Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pfaff Performance 5.0   Anyone have one? Pros/Cons? >
  • Pfaff Performance 5.0 Anyone have one? Pros/Cons?

• Pfaff Performance 5.0 Anyone have one? Pros/Cons?

Old 04-06-2019, 07:29 AM

I have the 5.0 and love it. It has all the bells and whistles you need. Its a workhorse for sure. Watch some of the videos on youtube for good information. I think Pfaff makes the best machines on the market.
    Old 04-06-2019, 08:50 AM

I also have the 5.0 and love it. I think one of the new features the 5.2 has added are the "stacking stitches".

I bought my 5.0 from my local Pfaff dealer, so therefore it has been serviced more than once, general maintenance mostly. I think one time the needle threader needed adjusting.

Just make sure you have the owner's manual, for it is definitely a reference tool when you aren't sure about a feature. You will love the IDT, a Pfaff exclusive.
    Old 04-07-2019, 04:04 AM

I have the Performance 5.0 and a Passport and love them. After having other machines, the built in walking foot is a must. It's not in the way, and there are never any puckers. You will like the maxi stitches for quilting.
    Old 04-07-2019, 07:37 AM

I have a Performance 5.0 and love it, I traded in my Ambition 1 for it. I also own a Select 3, my first Pfaff, which I use and take to class most of the time. I chose Pfaff because of the built in IDT dual feed which for me was a must as I make teddy bears and a regular walking foot made it hard to get into all the small curves. I am just getting into using alot of the features that are on my 5.0 mostly because I discovered a website which features mastering your sewing machine; www.sewingmastery.com. There are 60+ videos on using the Pfaff 5.2 (which is same as 5.0) and goes into detail on everything from setting up machine, threading, stitches and more. I do take my machine in yearly to have a cleaning/maintenance check up, I do clean the bobbin area when starting a new project or doing a lot of fmq as it really tends to collect dust bunnies. I do stop and rethread bobbin and machine and clean bobbin area if machine starts to skip stitches or have problem of eyelashes when fmq, automatically do it as if I only rethread or play with bobbin I end up doing both anyway. Conclusion is I love my Performance 5.0 and my Select 3, I can't see myself purchasing another brand of machine.