Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • PIF  IDEAS >
  • PIF IDEAS

• PIF IDEAS

Old 05-20-2011, 02:45 PM

Hi all, I want to do a PIF however, make it sort of fun. I read one post where the eighth person to PM the indivudal won. I thought that was a good idea; also, one gal put all who responded to her notice put names in to a gasket (?) and drew one. That too sounds fun..........any other suggestions? Thanks, calla
    Old 05-20-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by calla
    Hi all, I want to do a PIF however, make it sort of fun. I read one post where the eighth person to PM the indivudal won. I thought that was a good idea; also, one gal put all who responded to her notice put names in to a gasket (?) and drew one. That too sounds fun..........any other suggestions? Thanks, calla
    some have it where you have to be the first one to post after a certain time ( using EST or some other time zone)
    Old 05-20-2011, 03:05 PM
    Jim

Some have you guess a birthday of a loved one or an anniversary ...even one of their childrens names
    Old 05-20-2011, 03:12 PM

Ask if someone is need. I found people are not greedy on this site. Everyone is so giving, in word or quilting goodies and scraps. Have them PM you personally.
    Old 05-20-2011, 03:30 PM

if you plan to cover postage. A surprising and unexpected surprise would to be to go to another pif and randomly pick a user that was on it and pm them to see if they would be interested in your offer.

just an idea :)
    Old 05-20-2011, 09:29 PM

I like the idea of picking someone on PIF site! I personally don't like the guessing ones but I've done quite a few I do ask for postage most of the time. I put the names in a bowl and hubby draws name! That way everyone gets equal chance! I have done suprise pif's. Took a blank tote bag and filled with mags, fabric, patterns ect. Ppl love suprised! I've also answered iso ads and just gave them what they needed if I had it.
    Good luck! Hope I win one of ur pif's!!!
    Old 05-21-2011, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
    I like the idea of picking someone on PIF site! I personally don't like the guessing ones but I've done quite a few I do ask for postage most of the time. I put the names in a bowl and hubby draws name! That way everyone gets equal chance! I have done suprise pif's. Took a blank tote bag and filled with mags, fabric, patterns ect. Ppl love suprised! I've also answered iso ads and just gave them what they needed if I had it.
    Good luck! Hope I win one of ur pif's!!!
    Thats because your an Angel Painiacs. :) And a blessing to have here on this board. :)