Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pin to wear showing we are a member of Quilting Board >
  • Pin to wear showing we are a member of Quilting Board

• Pin to wear showing we are a member of Quilting Board

Old 08-05-2010, 02:21 PM

I see what you're saying, Chele, but I prefer not to call us a "guild". For many of us that word has a negative connotation.
    Old 08-05-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Originally Posted by craftybear
    so when we are at quilt shows, shop hops, etc. others will know we are a member of the quilting board online

ideas?
    How about a simple quilt block with a big yellow MOB under it? (Member Of Board). We could vote on a block or each choose one.
    How about The Quilters MOB, with the web site address under it?
    Old 08-05-2010, 03:07 PM

I recently joined a guild and it's been a blast. I think the modern quilt guilds are bringing back manners. It's the cranky and opinionated quilters that ruined it for everyone. We need to put up with those quilters like we put up with elderly relatives. Live and let live and be polite about it. If you've got issues, start a journal and make sure someone burns it when you die. I've always thought the quiltingboard was exactly like an online guild. And a really nice and encouraging one. I love that about this site/guild/membership, whatever you want to call it.

Good luck. Lots of great ideas out there, but can you come together and decide on something? Opinions are like...okay, never mind, but everyone has one! I still consider this site the guild where everyone is welcome.
    Old 08-05-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by gale
    But it says guiltingboard.com instead of quiltingboard. Or at least it looks that way to me. I don't want any guilt associated with quilting. I have enough of that in other places.
    LOL I noticed that too, but thought that was just for my mother and other's into that guilt thing. LOL
    Sorry to get a giggle from your efforts kitsie, we know it was just a typo. Smiles and hugggs.

I do like the friendship star idea, maybe just in brighter more visible colors.
    Old 08-05-2010, 06:50 PM

I'm sure glad my typo amused you all so much cuz it's just great fun to have your mistakes pointed out and laughed at by everyone forevermore. :shock: :cry:
    Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 PM
    pal

If I were at a Quilting Show and saw someone wearing
    Admin's picture, I would run over to them and say "Hi, I'm pal - who are you? and I'd probably give them a great big hug, cause that's what friends do. That picture would save a lot of squinting and shyness. Just my opinion.
    Old 08-05-2010, 09:31 PM
    Google Goddess

ha ha

Originally Posted by ghostrider
    I'm sure glad my typo amused you all so much cuz it's just great fun to have your mistakes pointed out and laughed at by everyone forevermore. :shock: :cry:
    Old 08-05-2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Aww, sorry if we were insensitive, passing you tissue and feeling badly if we were out of line. I make lots of typos, so you just feel free to jump on any of them. I owe you one or two. Hugggggggs, Linda aka wildyard
    PS: At least you made a cute typo, mine are mostly just dull ones. :-)
    Old 08-06-2010, 12:03 AM
    Administrator

if you all manage to pull of a minor miracle by achieving a consensus that everyone goes along with AND that everyone pays attention to, then we'll go with it. i've been chuckling as i read this topic and the old one that somebody dug up yesterday. so ... in keeping with our tradition ... we now have TWO conversations going in separate locations about the same thing. :lol:

my personal vote is that we not reinvent the wheel. i like the name we gave ourselves (Everybody's Welcome) and the card chele and shadow designed for us. i think it would be fun to see how each member adapts that basic design for their own use. (i would be especially interested to see how many ways we can incorporate our beloved gorilla. :lol: )

the bigger we get the more rules we've had to develop. i think it would be fantastic if we could avoid rules when it comes to this little project.

it isn't just the cranky old bats who wreck the guild experience. it's the divisions between the "haves" and the "have nots". so, i would also prefer that we shy away from anything that won't fit into everybody's budget.

ok. i've hung the wet blanket on the line for all to see. now back to the fun while it dries. ;-)
    Old 08-06-2010, 03:38 AM
    Banned

Well, over a month ago, just before the AQS show in Knoxville, TN I made two pins that used the QB design block from the card. I also made a name tag for myself so I could wear it with any quited pin or alone.
    I wore the red one with my name tag in the middle at the show and WAS spotted by a board member!

Just my two cents worth.

Enjoy deciding what y'all are going to do.

I've done mine. The only thing I'd change is to make it a bit smaller.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-92470.jpe