Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011  NEW >
  • Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

• Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Old 04-03-2011, 05:31 AM

I'm glad everyone (?) is working away. Let me know if you guys need another pep talk. I am still waiting the arrival of the new "baby". Hope it comes Monday. I am having trouble focusing on anything. I have a pinwheel quilt I made for QFK that I am trying to get quilted but am having issues. GRRRRRRR..... Need to get it done so I can get them mailed out this week. I have already gone over the 6 week time they ask for. Anyhow, keep up the good work everyone. I don't think we have heard from 200 people yet; post those pics :!:
    Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 AM

Well, I'm still plugging away. Should have my blocks done by April 30 and hopefully into the rows too. ;)
    Old 04-03-2011, 01:14 PM

Time is flying! Today is day 52!

Keep up the good work especially if your weather is bad and you don't want to be out. Spring is going to come up there! Spring is here and the weather is just perfect, not too hot, not too cold.

grann of 6: I would be so excited if I thought a long arm was coming to me tomorrow that I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight!
    Good luck with it!
    :D
    Old 04-03-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
    Time is flying! Today is day 52!

Keep up the good work especially if your weather is bad and you don't want to be out. Spring is going to come up there! Spring is here and the weather is just perfect, not too hot, not too cold.

grann of 6: I would be so excited if I thought a long arm was coming to me tomorrow that I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight!
    Good luck with it!
    :D
    My DDIL was just here a while ago and she says she can't believe how calm I am. She says it's like waiting for the "baby" to be born. She was trying to figure out a way to "induce". I am just waiting for the Grace frame to arrive at the store. I told my dealer that I would pick up everything at the same time. What am I going to do with the long arm if I don't have a frame for it?!?!? Hopefully tomorrow. Then I will have to find someone to help me set it up. You guys will be the first to know when it has arrived.
    Old 04-03-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by CherryPie
    I've got my basic pinwheels all done but I'm doing my quilt differently than what I had originally planned. I'm putting my pinwheels within a square. As soon as I get done with the Star project for the military, I'll get back on my pinwheels. Haven't given up yet.
    I really want to see of picture of that! Sounds beautiful!
    I am one week behind on my pinwheels of one a day and feeling like years behind with all y'all finishing up already!
    Old 04-04-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by CherryPie
    I am one week behind on my pinwheels of one a day and feeling like years behind with all y'all finishing up already!
    Today's day 53 so you have lots of time to catch up! Lots of over achievers here. I'm not done yet so don't worry.
    :-D
    Old 04-04-2011, 05:51 PM

Hi All! I am hoping to sandwich my pinwheel quilt this week sometime and i was wondering the best way to top stitch the whole thing! Any suggestion Ladies? :) Wishing you all a top day:)
    Old 04-05-2011, 02:00 AM

Sandwiching mine too this weekend and might have to do a little top stitching.Not sure if my needle can handle all the seams....Need suggestions also.Glad to see a post today.Where are all the pin wheel makers?
    Old 04-05-2011, 02:31 AM

I am about to put together top #3 but my pinwheels are 9" X 9" when I sandwiched the other two - I did a meandering FMQ on the first one and SID and followed semas for squares on the other - I am not very experienced with FMQ - so I am still pretty chicken. Someone one this board suggested switching machine needles out every time you do a quilt top and so far . . so good - no needle break issues on the centers of the pinwheels. Good luck - i have made about 68 so far - This will be my third donation quilt - one more to go - with pinwheels. This was a great exercise and I have learned a great dea with the repetition - thanks for the idea and the challange
    Old 04-05-2011, 09:10 AM

I'm quilting my pinwheels with a fm swirl in each blade, I'll post a picture tomorrow. I'm halfway through the quilting, I figure I have about 8 hours more to go to finish up.
    Originally Posted by capucine
    Hi All! I am hoping to sandwich my pinwheel quilt this week sometime and i was wondering the best way to top stitch the whole thing! Any suggestion Ladies? :) Wishing you all a top day:)