Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pleasant surprise.. >
  • Pleasant surprise..

• Pleasant surprise..

Old 06-29-2013, 09:44 PM

Great advice. I found I didn't have enough download speed to view the classes properly. Craftsy asked me to use http://www.speedtest.net/ and send a report.

It was helpful because I found I was not getting the speed I thought I was, I needed to upgrade.

Craftsy offered a refund if I was going to keep my same connection.

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter
    Word of advice. Sign up for the free ones first to make sure you have no problems viewing them.

This will also get you on their email list and several times a month they have classes on sale. I have bought all my classes on sale!

If you go through Leah Days website you will get a major discount for her classes.

Thanks for the recommendation about Anita's classes - I have been on the line about buying another class - this looks like it will be my next one!
    Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 AM

I did the 2012 BOM as well, and am behind on the 2013 BOM. I have really enjoyed the different teachers and methods.
    Old 06-30-2013, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pepita
    So when you watch, are you supposed to be doing it at the same time, or is it more like a lecture?
    I am signed up for lots of free ones and a couple that I paid for on sale really cheap. I'm doing the embroidering on tshirts now and I watched it; downloaded my supply list then watched it again in segments to make sure I was doing it the right way. The good thing is that you can replay the same section mulitple times until you understand it and you can watch it as much as you want too. My first tshirt is almost done then I'm starting on the one that has an embroideried cow neck added to it.
    Old 10-21-2013, 08:52 PM

I put off joining Craftsy for a long time. When I took the plunge last year, I've taken a whole bunch now, more than I ever thought I would. I usually wait until they are on sale, before getting another one. I too have a couple classes that deal with knitting that I haven't watched yet, but winter isn't too far away. I really like that you can ask a question, maybe even something not totally related to the class and still get an answer from the instructor. If they don't know the answer they'll ask someone else who might and then get back to you. I also like the fact you can watch over and over and all times of the day or night.
    Old 10-22-2013, 06:24 AM

Craftsy has a basic instruction for sergers. I am one of the legion that owns one that has never been used. Forty dollars seemed steep, so I put it on my wish list and a couple days later they offered it to me for $15. Really think I am going to take it.
    Old 10-22-2013, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S
    Craftsy has a basic instruction for sergers. I am one of the legion that owns one that has never been used. Forty dollars seemed steep, so I put it on my wish list and a couple days later they offered it to me for $15. Really think I am going to take it.
    Hmmm, will look into that..I too have a serger that I have under used...would like to really get to know it!
    Old 10-22-2013, 10:34 AM

That is so cool that she posted here!!

I bought the same class and just loved all her little tips. Ms. Anita even gives you a free ebook of her book "Rotary cutting Revolution". A great class AND a free ebook- it's a win-win!!
    Old 10-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by QandE2010
    Remember that lots of starch will keep it from stretching out of shape, too. Good luck.
    Ohhhh- she is a HUGE fan of starch! I think her fabric stands on it's own!!
    Old 10-22-2013, 02:29 PM

I have signed up for several classes--all on sale or free. The only ones I have had time to watch are the 2012 and 2013 block of the months (free). They are so good and very helpful. I am planning to catch up this winter when it is snowy and dreary. I am sure they will cheer me up.
    Sue
    Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 PM

I have a bunch of classes that I have never watched. I finally got my grandchildren's quilts done, so after I have my holiday gifts made, I will treat myself to watching classes