Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • portable project >
  • portable project

• portable project

Old 06-24-2010, 05:38 PM

My favorite is my Baby Jane blocks, they are so much fun to make hand piecing, simple applique, curved piecing, foundation piecing... I take them with me every where to the Dr., the Hospital, Guild meetings, prepare your blocks ahead of time and then you are ready to stitch and visit amazing how many blocks you can sew.
    Old 06-24-2010, 05:39 PM

What are Baby Jane blocks....sounds like a great project!! Thanks.

Originally Posted by roserips
    My favorite is my Baby Jane blocks, they are so much fun to make hand piecing, simple applique, curved piecing, foundation piecing... I take them with me every where to the Dr., the Hospital, Guild meetings, prepare your blocks ahead of time and then you are ready to stitch and visit amazing how many blocks you can sew.
    Old 06-24-2010, 05:55 PM

Blocks from the Dear Jane Book by Brenda Popadakis also a CD available. I think the CD is better than the book. Lots more information and you can print out the blocks any size you like. Mine are the 4.5" blocks the original quilt was made by Jane Stickle in 1865.
    Old 06-24-2010, 06:01 PM

Sounds like fun. I will check into it. I am doing the Farmers Wife Quilt right now, but DJ might be my next hand sewing project. Do you happen to know if you can use EQ 6 or 7? Thank you for your reply!!

Blocks from the Dear Jane Book by Brenda Popadakis also a CD available. I think the CD is better than the book. Lots more information and you can print out the blocks any size you like. Mine are the 4.5" blocks the original quilt was made by Jane Stickle in 1865.
    Old 06-24-2010, 06:05 PM

I am a crocheter so alway' shave a project with me. Albeit was about three years ago when last I flew, but was still allowed my hooks and blunt childrens scissors.

I take along EPP to make hexies for an I Spy quilt.

Alway's quilt or garden mags or books woth me.
    Old 06-24-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
    Sounds like fun. I will check into it. I am doing the Farmers Wife Quilt right now, but DJ might be my next hand sewing project. Do you happen to know if you can use EQ 6 or 7? Thank you for your reply!!

The beauty of this CD is it is a stand alone program... Farmers Wife has a CD but it is PDF files of the blocks .... I was really disappointed about that since I have been so spoiled with my Dear Jane CD. Yes it works like EQ programs since they made it.
    So you can print rotary cutting directions, templates, or paper foundation pieces. I love foundation piecing with YLI's wash away paper. Looks like paper but different and you can hand sew it easily. I have been teaching these techniques for 3 years now and still love sewing the blocks. I have made a Tote bag with them, a table topper as well as the quilt I am working on.
    Old 06-24-2010, 06:33 PM
    Google Goddess

Grandmother Flower Garden
    Old 06-24-2010, 06:37 PM
    Power Poster

Yep...Grandmother's Flower Garden...or any other EPP.
    Old 06-24-2010, 06:38 PM
    Power Poster

I started out always having portable projects but don't seem to do that lately and I know I should because I really don't enjoy reading an article in the Dr's Office only to have them call me when I am engrossed. I know I'm not staying after my appointment to finish the article so a portable project would be very nice. I have been thinking of this lately.
    Old 06-24-2010, 06:44 PM

Roserips, Thanks you sooo much for the info. I sincerely appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Sarah CA

The beauty of this CD is it is a stand alone program... Farmers Wife has a CD but it is PDF files of the blocks .... I was really disappointed about that since I have been so spoiled with my Dear Jane CD. Yes it works like EQ programs since they made it.
    So you can print rotary cutting directions, templates, or paper foundation pieces. I love foundation piecing with YLI's wash away paper. Looks like paper but different and you can hand sew it easily. I have been teaching these techniques for 3 years now and still love sewing the blocks. I have made a Tote bag with them, a table topper as well as the quilt I am working on.