Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Positive Remarks >
  • Positive Remarks

• Positive Remarks

Old 11-02-2011, 02:34 PM

Glad to see it didn't kill you...we will all just have to hang in and figure this out together!
    Old 11-02-2011, 02:34 PM

Guess what I love now? The ability to send a Single Private message to a group of people, and to BCC someone.

I have found the equivalent of everything that I used to do on the old board. I view Recent topics, and I check on my subscriptions, which was formerly Watched topics. I can hover the mouse over an ambiguous topic without clicking on it, and I can see the first few words of the post.
    I love that you can decide to post a picture - even if you decide to use the quick Reply feature.
    Old 11-02-2011, 02:36 PM

Oh forgot to mention that I don't mind learning how to navigate the new site, just will probably have questions. I'm a bit of a computer dummy, even when something is right in front of me.
    Old 11-02-2011, 02:36 PM

I'm no quitter either. I'm enjoying proving to myself that I can learn this site and it's going pretty good so far.
    Old 11-02-2011, 02:37 PM

Looking good! We'll all get the hang of this pretty new board in no time. Click around and check out everything. It's like a new ride at Disney.

Originally Posted by wraez
    Maybe someone has already discovered the answer to my 'challenges' ...

And how do we see a 'list' of all the postings we started, not replied to, but started?

I'll probably think of more but right now this has me stumped.
    On your own profile picture, click the mouse over your name. You can then click on your Forum Posts.

i believe people can cause themselves to see or believe whatever they want to see or believe and no all of us do not hate change. software changes and upgrades happen a lot on the job but when the software changes are not really user friendly then comes the techno stress. there needs to be a shortcut list somewhere to help members navigate this new format but i have yet to find that.

many of us do not have all day (nor the patience) to sit and click through everything just to be able to read a couple of pages. there should be a roadmap somewhere to assist with this. unfortunately i haven't found one yet and i know that i am computer literate and software savvy. i use to train others to use programs. maybe one of the people who have had time to click through much of this board can provide a tip sheet.

learning something new, to me, does not mean this much frustration. learning something new should be a pleasant process imho.

Originally Posted by alwayslearning
    Let us face it, we all hate change. BUT learning something new is what keeps us young. You do not toss a new quilt pattern right away because it uses techniques you have never encountered before, do you? No, you rise to the challenge.
    Old 11-02-2011, 02:38 PM

So glad to see people coming around! It's really fun to find all the little hidden things that will make life on the Board easier - enjoy!
    Old 11-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL
    you are quite hurt when you find someone who doesn't like it - as some do not like the changes here to this format. Why is heaven's name would you expect someone to like your quilt because you spent a long time making it? Why would we like these changes based on the effort of the software designers? Software and quilts are liked or not liked based on personal preferences, not the amount of effort required to make them. We can appreciate hard work but that doesn't make the result either work or not work. Get real, folks. Our opinions are personal, not disloyal.
    I never said I would be hurt when someone didn't like a quilt that I've made. I said it's the harsh criticism that I wouldn't like. I'd like to think we wouldn't do that here. If we wouldn't do that here, then why would someone bash program changes like I'm seeing today.

Unfortunately people will complain about anything related to change.
    Old 11-02-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
    Looking good! We'll all get the hang of this pretty new board in no time. Click around and check out everything. It's like a new ride at Disney.
    Good comparison. lol I like it!!