Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • The price of change. >
  • The price of change.

• The price of change.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:35 PM
    Power Poster

I've had too much bad service at JoAnns and Hancock Fabrics to care what they may think of me as long as I don't get the "UH, I rang up 5 yards because it shows .5 on your fabric ticket" Or "I have to take the 40% off coupon on the item that cost the least, that's what 40% off means" Or the one that really gets me going: "I don't know where that is, go ask that person somewhere over there" and points across the store.
    Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Glad that they changed and that you had a good experience. My Joann's is fine

I am still waiting on that with my local Penney's. After my last horrendous experience, writing corporate twice and talking to many people, it is more systemic than a manager.
    Old 11-10-2010, 04:14 PM
    Power Poster

hey, that was great. i happened to go back to one i swore i wouldn't step foot in again. but i needed to go to the other store next to this location. this joann's moved all the quilting fabric up to the front of the store in a corner. then put some books and rulers so tightly near by that it is difficult for even one person with a cart to get in there.
    why, i don't know! but there is another one not too far from them. i just hope they don't arrange their store the say awful way. (i also gave up on getting fabric. too many customers and not enough cutters).
    Old 11-10-2010, 04:16 PM
    Power Poster

That is nice!
    Old 11-10-2010, 04:19 PM
    Power Poster

ha, ha,ha. Bellaboo, i did this with my Bank. they were getting rude and one girl caused me a lot of grief with a cashiers check that got lost.
    now they are all friendly with me. and actually some are new workers who are just plain friendly. ah, like the good ole days!! more places could improve though. they will catch up soon when they realize they "need" customers.
    Old 11-10-2010, 04:35 PM

I'm really glad you gave the store a second chance. My store in Quincy IL has never disappointed, however, when visiting my daughters in Kansas, I have had issues.
    Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 PM

I've always been very happy with the employees at our local JoAnn's. I did purchase a very bad roll of batting there once and complained to the manager about it. She explained there is nothing the managers can do....they just have to accept what is sent to their store. I went online and contacted JoAnn's about the batting and never heard a word back from them. They did change their batting supplier a few months afterwards.
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:16 AM
    Power Poster

that is AWESOME! maybe when she has your store running smoothly we could borrow her to revamp ours...it sure needs it :thumbup:
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:18 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

yay.. Good for you.. You know have a local place to get your 'fix' now..
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:30 AM

I live about 45 miles from my "local" JoAnn's! But, I do shop there every few months and only had one problem with an older lady that worked there ( I would say early 70's). She was just rude! The other associates must have known how she treated people and would be right behind her making sure all was good before I left the store.

I was angry at first until I started thinking she may have lost her husband or she just needed a job to fill the loneliness in her life. I found compassion for her.

When I went back a few months later, I treated her very kind, joking and such, and she had changed! I think the store probably had a talk with her, but when my attitude changed, so did hers.

I am glad that JoAnn's will hire senior citizens and not just "fire" them on the spot. I think this lady was willing to see that she was being rude,and owned up to it.

All in all, I really do like this store and will keep shopping there. Now, if the prices would come down, I would even be happier! LOL