Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • The price of change. >
  • The price of change.

• The price of change.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:45 AM

I love your story!! Keep us posted on how the store continues to treat you! I have had good and bad experiences at several JoAnn stores so would be interested in how yours turn out!
    Old 11-11-2010, 07:51 AM

Glad to hear that they (or at least that one location) are making positive changes. I like Jo Ann's, I really do...
    Old 11-11-2010, 08:08 AM

I have a wonderful manager and staff at my local store. I decided to write a letter to the corporate--using Store # and her name. I printed out a copy for her.

They NEVER let her know about the letter. She has had numerous ones written complaining about something. That really mad me made and I fired off another letter to them. Never heard back.
    Old 11-11-2010, 08:24 AM

WEll, now that's great to hear! You gotta wonder sometimes if "corporate" even listens to us. I guess they do. LOL
    Old 11-11-2010, 08:31 AM

That is wonderful! I really like my JoAnn's. Especially the smaller store that is the closes one to me. They are always helpful and they ask what I'm making. They chit-chat while they are cutting the material but they don't chit-chat so long that the other customers are just standing around. They are very professional but also very friendly. The bigger store (further away from me) doen't have as much of a friendly atmosphere but they are also very, very busy. I want to add that they are not unfriendly, just busy.
    Old 11-11-2010, 08:40 AM

I LOVE to ask to speak to a manager at the end of a positive shopping experience! They ALWAYS think you want to complain - I have my fun in my own little ways! Last time I did it was at Barnes and Noble. Had SUCH good help trying to find a book. So I waited for the manager only to find that the one who had been helping me WAS the manager. We both laughed and he patted himself on the back. I told him to put a gold star on his personnel record.
    Old 11-11-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    :thumbup: :thumbup:

1) for the improved store

2) for you taking the time to talk to the manager and let her know you noticed and appreciated the changes

I second what bearisgray said! Thank you for the time you originally spent complaining to Jo-Ann's headquarters and following through with the new manager. Amazing how fast that sqeaky wheel was oiled. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by joan_quilts
    I live about 45 miles from my "local" JoAnn's! But, I do shop there every few months and only had one problem with an older lady that worked there ( I would say early 70's). She was just rude! The other associates must have known how she treated people and would be right behind her making sure all was good before I left the store.

I was angry at first until I started thinking she may have lost her husband or she just needed a job to fill the loneliness in her life. I found compassion for her.

When I went back a few months later, I treated her very kind, joking and such, and she had changed! I think the store probably had a talk with her, but when my attitude changed, so did hers.

I am glad that JoAnn's will hire senior citizens and not just "fire" them on the spot. I think this lady was willing to see that she was being rude,and owned up to it.

All in all, I really do like this store and will keep shopping there. Now, if the prices would come down, I would even be happier! LOL
    May God bless you for your compassion!
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:35 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    We usually make it a point to compliment a store manager on how well their store operates. And we also do not hesitate to speak up on poor treatment.

We had a really bad experience at a national home improvement chain store. We contact the corporate headquarters, and by time it was all over we had the district manager calling us daily for like two weeks. She sent us a $100.00 gift card to spend which we thought was very nice, but we stressed to her we wanted nothing. She sent it as a gesture of good faith.

We will drive out of our way to patronize a store with excellent customer service and avoid those who don't.

amen to that, hawk! before I "discovered" my lqs, I was driving 65 miles, bc I refused to shop where...um, anti-angelic music was being played, and I don't mean rock or heavy metal, either! whoa!
    Ambience is everything to me in a quilt store and they LOVE to have me bring my granddaughter in. She loves it there too and always finds the prettiest fabrics for me to see. We never leave without something for her, of course ;-)