Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Prices for Batik's?? >
  • Prices for Batik's??

• Prices for Batik's??

Old 05-14-2011, 09:31 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by bob1414
    Hi! I'm back from Bali! I just haven't gotten my butt in gear yet - been in Arizona. Mine will most likely will be $7.25/yard this time. Beautiful stuff - email me ([email protected]) if you're not on my "list".

I've seen batiks online for $13/yard - prices are going up just like everything else! Last night at the market, my 5 lb. bag of sugar was only 4 lbs - sure hope a yard of fabric doesn't change to 32"!!!!

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    I haven't heard anything out of Roberta lately - or have I missed one of her posts?

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I bought batiks from Roberta on the board and they are beautiful. I don't know what they cost now but last year they were under 7.00
    Double digits for fabric is making me re-think my stash!!
    Roberta, I did a wedding quilt for my son and his bride with your batiks and they looooved it!! :D
    Old 05-14-2011, 09:41 AM

We sell batiks starting at $7.95 for blenders to $9.95 for designed batiks. We have the largest collection of batiks in the area. My late wife loved them, so we have always tried to get as many as we could.

Real batiks, like everything else are getting more expensive, not only due to cotton going up, but the cost of shipping them here from overseas.

I think that batiks bring something to a quilt that regular fabric can't match.

Lanny
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 AM

I must be addicted to batiks since I buy at least 5+ fat quarters whenever I go fabric shopping. I love batiks, especially the precut 2 1/2" strips called Bali Pops. A while back I stumbled upon a website that sells the Bali Pops for $23 each instead of the regular $35 ish price. I ordered several sets of them & even with the minimal shipping, I figure I saved money & didn't have to go anywhere but my computer! The location is in California, if I remember correctly, and the service was outstanding. It is called Beverly's.com and they have LOTS of interesting stuff. But don't tell ANYONE, let it be our little secret! ;-)
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 AM

In Canada, we pay anywhere from 16.99 to 22.99 for batiks from a LQS. I have bought some from Connecting Threads but the quality is not as good as LQS.

Diana in Canada
    Old 05-14-2011, 11:14 AM

Yes!!! I am not to hip on Batiks but one of my quilting buddies is... ha
    last week we did a bit of a shop hop here in the KC area... we were so shocked to see the prices on the batiks!!! and the fats where [3.00] for one stinkin FQ!! she said she may have to turn her like to something else.... just 3 weeks before, she paid only 30.00 for a Bali Pop.... I hope the prices don't keep going up!!! I might have to just shop the clearance rooms. :roll: :-(
    Old 05-14-2011, 11:32 AM

[quote=sueisallaboutquilts]
    Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    I haven't heard anything out of Roberta lately - or have I missed one of her posts?

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I bought batiks from Roberta on the board and they are beautiful. I don't know what they cost now but last year they were under 7.00
    Double digits for fabric is making me re-think my stash!!
    [/quote

I haven't either. I know she was in Bali but that was awhile ago. Her batiks are truly wonderful!!
    I have bought batiks from Roberta too and can't wait for her next sale.
    Old 05-14-2011, 11:50 AM

Connecting Threads Batiks are $6.96 per yd.
    Old 05-14-2011, 01:22 PM

I bought some batiks a couple of months ago and they were 9.49 at the LQS. This shop seems to be cheaper with all their material. A mother and daughter run the shop and have no other help, maybe that is why they can charge a little less.
    Old 05-14-2011, 01:43 PM

The batiks at Connecting Threads is very reasonable. Also, fabric is made in the USA> Between $6 and $7 a yard.
    Old 05-14-2011, 01:56 PM
    Power Poster

Yes my LQS is selling their batiks for 12.99. But what I think isn't fair is they increased the price on the ones that have been in the shop for quite some time and were 9.99. I have another shop I frequent that sells theirs for 8.99 but they don't carry the 1895 Hoffmans'. I've gotten to mostly buying online when I find a sale.