Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Connecting Threads" Kit (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22connecting-threads%22-kit-t30718.html)

burnsk 12-02-2009 05:57 PM

I suggest calling them back. I've never had a problem with them. Almost sounds like a wrong number. They've always been very responsive in the past.

littlehud 12-02-2009 06:08 PM

It doesn't sound like them. Usually they are so helpful. Maybe you just got a bad rep. Try again.

MadQuilter 12-02-2009 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by melhuff
Any way, yesterday I get out my kit and find that the instructions go from step 4 to step 6. No step 5 and, of course, that is an important one in how to assemble the blocks. I call their 800 number and the gentleman who answers the phone, after I tell him my problem started to laugh....loudly..out loud!!!

He certainly was not a gentleman. If you pay for a kit, you may reasonably expect that the instructions are correct and complete. I would send them an email and call back to see about getting a more enlightened customer service person.

I wonder if they hired extra help for the holidays.

mumtoliam 12-03-2009 03:19 AM

I ordered a kit from a different site once and there was no photo of the finished product with the pattern and vague instructions. That is a UFO due to it, I emailed the site and got no reply!!!

GailG 12-03-2009 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
well! harumph! it wasn't very nice of him to laugh at you ... unless, of course, you told him your story in a "laughing at yourself" manner. :hunf:

please do tell us the name of the kit in case somebody knows it and can help you.

I'm a "laugher" myself and have gotten myself in some pretty peculiar situations because of it. But sometimes a situation just lends itself to a good laugh. The poor guy on the other end of the line was probably thinking "..with all that we have to do here, and here comes another problem for us. Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

Do you think that perhaps the NUMBERS are just a typo? Perhaps the directions are correct, but just numbered wrong. Hopefully that would be the case. Good luck.

krabadan 12-03-2009 05:57 AM

So Far (fingers crossed!) I haven't had a problem with any kits I have purchased.

SandyGail 12-03-2009 05:03 PM

I have never had a problem with them and have several of their kits.
I did order a kit last year from another company & the kit called for 2 blocks & gave directions. However, I did not have the right pieces to make the correct number of blocks. I noticed the picture with the borders had 3 different blocks. The company told me they knew it was a misprint, they left out the 3rd block, but said a good quilter could figure it out. They said they had corrected the pattern & would give me a corrected copy if I would buy another kit ($39.95 +sh&h).
Needless to say I was not happy & would not buy anything from them again!

sandpat 12-04-2009 06:33 AM

Who was that Sandy?

GailG 12-04-2009 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by SandyGail
I did order a kit last year from another company & the kit called for 2 blocks & gave directions. However, I did not have the right pieces to make the correct number of blocks. I noticed the picture with the borders had 3 different blocks. The company told me they knew it was a misprint, they left out the 3rd block, but said a good quilter could figure it out. They said they had corrected the pattern & would give me a corrected copy if I would buy another kit ($39.95 +sh&h).

Seems like that lame excuse was their way of covering up their mistake. Nope, I know I wouldn't give them anymore of my business. "They KNEW it was a misprint, ....but said a GOOD QUILTER could FIGURE IT OUT." !!?????!!! What a bunch of jerks!

Tippy 12-04-2009 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by GailG

Originally Posted by SandyGail

Seems like that lame excuse was their way of covering up their mistake. Nope, I know I wouldn't give them anymore of my business. "They KNEW it was a misprint, ....but said a GOOD QUILTER could FIGURE IT OUT." !!?????!!! What a bunch of jerks!

And I would have told them "Yes and a GOOD COMPANY would correct it and stand behind their product".. but then I'm a smart a**.