Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   800 2"x4" strips... need some recipes/patterns! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/800-2%22x4%22-strips-need-some-recipes-patterns-t105914.html)

kso 03-08-2011 08:59 AM

search this board for the super quick jelly roll quilt topic.

jme 03-08-2011 09:58 AM

I don't know how to post the links but I have 2 bookmarked. #1 super fast jelly roll quilt and #2 Rabbit's jelly roll quilt. Both easy patterns and pretty fast.

jme 03-08-2011 09:58 AM

I don't know how to post the links but I have 2 bookmarked. #1 super fast jelly roll quilt and #2 Rabbit's jelly roll quilt. Both easy patterns and pretty fast.

asmmauer 03-08-2011 10:03 AM

I made tote bags at Christmas time out of strips they were batiks but any pretty coordinating prints would work.

heyjami 03-08-2011 08:04 PM

Oh nice! I grabbed them into my bookmarks too! I'm off to do more searching... thanks for all of the great ideas everyone!

Originally Posted by jme

hperttula123 03-08-2011 08:20 PM

How fun!!! I can't wait to see what you make :)

heyjami 03-15-2011 07:43 AM

Wow, what a HUGE disappointment. They came yesterday and reeked of smoke. I sent the seller a note asking for a refund. Now I have to return them. Who does that? I won't even take them out of the package - I'm thinking of leaving them on the porch until I send them back.

They are tiny strips so I can't even wash them without ruining them!

Mariposa 03-15-2011 07:48 AM

How about a chinese coin quilt? Can also do mug rugs, bags, place mats, etc. :)

okiepastor 03-15-2011 07:56 AM

So sorry they are smokey-
Possible fixes--first , put them into a large tote , put a big bowl of vinegar in with them, and leave for at LEAST four days..other possibility is scatter charcoal (WITHOUT the fire starter stuff on it)in the bottom of the tote, place a piece of muslin or something else that is thin that you can wash on top, then put the pieces on top of that and leave for a week or two...
You can also lay them out on the porch and spray with Febreze or the cheaper one the $$ store has.....
I have used all of these tricks when I have gotten fabric at a yard sale, get it home and THEN discover it stinks!
someone said cat litter works, but lots of that has perfume that makes me SICK!

heyjami 03-15-2011 10:45 AM

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, there are 800 little strips and the hassle to separate each one to de-stink them is not worth it. Better to return them or toss them.

Originally Posted by okiepastor
So sorry they are smokey-
Possible fixes--first , put them into a large tote , put a big bowl of vinegar in with them, and leave for at LEAST four days..other possibility is scatter charcoal (WITHOUT the fire starter stuff on it)in the bottom of the tote, place a piece of muslin or something else that is thin that you can wash on top, then put the pieces on top of that and leave for a week or two...
You can also lay them out on the porch and spray with Febreze or the cheaper one the $$ store has.....
I have used all of these tricks when I have gotten fabric at a yard sale, get it home and THEN discover it stinks!
someone said cat litter works, but lots of that has perfume that makes me SICK!