Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   9-patch frustration (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/9-patch-frustration-t203311.html)

jemma 10-15-2012 06:38 PM

keep organised!!!!!-for a DP9patch-i made a prototype set to work from as lots of squares had embroideries they need to be orientated correctly--i still have ducks swimming in the sky?????--some days my sewing brain will not wake up with my body so i do something else

Grandma Peg 10-15-2012 06:47 PM

Somedays nothing works so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

AngelinaMaria 10-15-2012 06:47 PM

If there are 110 9 patches I am betting they are itty bitty, correct?? I am on my 253rd 4 patch on point and going bonkers. I'm saving the 9 patches for last as I figured they would be easier. This is a quilt of shear endurance!!!

Buckeye Rose 10-16-2012 05:22 AM

The 9-patches are only 3 color, green, tan, cream. But that is where the problem is...I think....LOL. the cream and the tan are pretty close in shades when not under the light and I am guessing the that I just mix them up. I have 6 to fix this morning to finish up what I need for the blocks (18 blocks-4 per block), the remainder are for the setting triangles and those are gonna wait till I need them!

Jingle 10-16-2012 12:34 PM

I am having a heck of a time getting some HSTs sewn in the right direction. tonight will be the 3rd time I have sewn them. I am going to sew the other strips together, rip these apart and re-sew one at a time. I'm also having a problem trying to match a slanted seam with straight seam to make a wonky star. I will not be making this pattern again.

May help if you make stacks of the different colors.

I hope your day is better tomorrow.

raynhamquilter 10-16-2012 01:24 PM

Yipee! It's NOT just me--other people have crazy sewing days, too. Thanks for letting me know! I feel better already. Better luck tomorrow.

quilt addict 10-16-2012 02:14 PM

Hang in there! A fresh pair of eyes after a rest will hopefully help you see where you are. Organization is surely a help.

kathbug 10-17-2012 01:46 AM

I was sewing strips together in a certain order and thought I did a great job of keeping things straight till I started ironing them all. I must of had to rip 8 apart and I hate taking things apart! Take a break from it and I also agree with Debrahlee suggestions .

Nantie 10-17-2012 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady (Post 5588303)
Sounds like my day. I made a handbag which I really like, but when I started putting things into it, it sounded all crinkly inside. I finally figured it out. The fusible interfacing I thought I had used was actually Steam-A-Seam lite and I never took the paper off after ironing it onto the pocket fabric. Duh!! That ended my sewing for the day!

Let's blame the mass weather of late

Yooper32 10-17-2012 03:17 AM

I spent the better part of yesterday chatting it up with "Jack the Ripper" and it was not a friendly conversation. I did battle all day with 8 sections of a PP block, and I am NOT a newcomer to paper piecing either, but it just wasn't coming together right. The sections are done and two are not matching well, but, oh well, I am not ripping and re-sewing again. So, today, I will sew the four main blocks together and let the clippings fall where they may. Life is too short.