Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I a fabric addict? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-fabric-addict-t160127.html)

Deborahlees 10-13-2011 10:30 AM

You can't be a true quilter/sewer without loving fabric...that is all part of our craft for sure....right now I have become addicted to collecting patterns....need to stop but can't, not yet....don't quite have enough for the next hundred years.....

Lady Crafter 10-13-2011 10:34 AM

I've been a fabric addict since my parents bought chicken feed in those lovely feedsacks. I think I was about 5 when they started the farm, and 10 when we moved and became "citified." I now have WAY too much fabric and don't know what I will do with it all when I downsize and move in the next couple months.

What I wouldn't do for those feedsacks now!! :)

scowlkat 10-13-2011 10:42 AM

My name is Debra and I am a fabriholic! And no, I do not want to work a 12 step program to be cured!

crafty_linda_b 10-13-2011 10:46 AM

Rhaorth
you are in perfect company here on the board...I think we can all relate to this addiction or should I say we all should admit to it *L* maybe we need a designated national day to shop for quilting supplies..I vote for all the days that end in "Y" that should work for everyone..crafty_linda_b

Rhaorth 10-13-2011 10:46 AM

the 12 step program for fabriholics consists of finding more fabrics, 1 step at a time

:D

Nice to know I am in great company

Rhaorth 10-13-2011 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
Rhaorth
you are in perfect company here on the board...I think we can all relate to this addiction or should I say we all should admit to it *L* maybe we need a designated national day to shop for quilting supplies..I vote for all the days that end in "Y" that should work for everyone..crafty_linda_b

oh I like that idea... all days ending in "Y" hehe

QBeth 10-13-2011 10:47 AM

Well, if you have to ask, you already have your answer! :-)

doris.meek13088 10-13-2011 01:44 PM

Obviously you done understand. I think of it more as a religion that an addiction.
When you go to church you kneel at the alter and pray. When I go to a fabric store I often kneel to get to the fabric I want and pray that there is enough of what I want.
When we go to Church we acknowledge that there are miracles in this world that are not understandable. When I sew I know there are miracles in this world and I am just thankful for them.
When we go to Church we are taught that there are powers more in control of things that ourselves and we must trust in them. When I go into a fabric store I pray that there are powers more in control than I that will help me control my spending and drooling over all of those wonderful fabrics.
One of the things I pray for most is NOT to find a 12 step program for this religion (addiction) which would result in a cure as I enjoy it way too muhc.

SuziC 10-13-2011 01:45 PM

We are ALL addicts here.....and there is no cure Thank Goodnes!!

Judi in Ohio 10-14-2011 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rhaorth
I have discovered a love for fabrics that I never knew I had.
Now I can not pass something without touching it, and when I walk into a fabric store, I feel like a kid in a candy store. All those colors, textures, smells, etc.

I love seeing it spread out, I love seeing it cut into stacks, or rolled into jelly rolls, I love seeing it folded into neat little piles, or even the scrap heap that collects from cuttings.

I love the feel of a quilt top, and can not help but admire the way it all comes together.

(not to mention the desire to purchase every piece of fabric I see for sale on here, sucks to be broke)

Am I a fabric addict?

You are a quilter, therefore you are a fabric lover - goes hand in hand - not to worry, it will bring you much joy.
Judi