Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I the only one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-one-t174195.html)

quiltinghere 01-02-2012 06:45 PM

Tree still up and lit until first weekend after Jan 6. "Special" decorations still around (LOVE to see them and remember). Other decorations put away yesterday.

sylvia77 01-02-2012 07:03 PM

I put up my decorations yesterday and today I spent sewing, yeah!

schoolteacher 01-03-2012 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by kathdavis (Post 4835715)
I had to return to school today as a teacher work day. Drats! I would have loved to sew. Now I'm too tired.

I, also, have to go back today for inservice and tomorrow the kids start back. I am trying to figure out how I can sneak my sewing machine into the classroom! LOL....

Murphy 01-03-2012 04:41 AM

Me too. We still have a friends Christmas to celebrate.

Originally Posted by Deb watkins (Post 4835358)
I don't put Christmas away till Jan 6th, I like the idea of Little Christmas......and I also spent most of the day sewing. Happy New Quilting Year to ME!

Mickey1 01-03-2012 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 4835865)
We got most of ours down, then I cut out a tumbler baby quilt and realized I don't have what I want for the border material. Then I fell and now nothing is getting done, decorations or quilting.

You said "fell"
Hope you are ok!

Krystyna 01-04-2012 04:08 AM

I spent two days using up my Christmas fabric by making 16 aprons and matching potholders. The Christmas stuff is half down and what a mess!

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 01-04-2012 05:25 AM

Took my tree down New Years Day. Am frantically hand quilting on a double quilt I started on about 2 years ago. Determined to get it done this year.

raptureready 01-04-2012 05:37 AM

I have and I'm not ashamed of it. Household chores are more loyal than any husband or old dog---it doesn't matter how many others are in the house, chores will never cheat on you no matter how much you ignore them. They don't get their feelings hurt or get jealous. They'll sit right by your feet, to your left, right, front and or back and wait for you until you make time for them.
I once left my tree up until two of my step children got to come home. I changed the decorations to go with the different seasons. By the time we were able to locate and go get them it was July so the tree had little flags and the lights were red, white, and blue.

WMUTeach 01-04-2012 05:39 AM

I have had to be at work and all I can think of is the unfinished little candy bar quilt sitting by my machine. The decorations are still up, the little quilt unfinished and this week-end will be a challenge....... quilt or decorations just like many of the rest of us!

anniesews 01-04-2012 06:12 AM

Half and half. Can't go a week without being in my "imagine" room. When I look at my stash, I imagine what it will be.