Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Angela Walters Free Motion Challenge: Fabulous Feathers. So Excited! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/angela-walters-free-motion-challenge-fabulous-feathers-so-excited-t316546.html)

rilene 10-07-2021 06:08 AM

I'm planning to get the panel.
The most recent challenge is nearly done and I have learned so much!

Fabric Galore 10-07-2021 06:48 AM

I will probably follow the videos but I need a lot more practice on my FMQ. I mainly use stippling but I want to get better at FMQ. I know it takes hours and hours of practice to do it right and I spend most of my time on piecing quilts. Thanks for the Heads-Up.

DawnFurlong 10-07-2021 02:05 PM

I signed up for it, though I will have to watch the videos on YouTube, because I work during the day. I just love watching her videos! I don't think I am going to get the panel though. I am kind of over budget on quilting stuff right now. I think I will try to trace a similar pattern on a practice sandwich though, to follow along.

osewfast 10-08-2021 12:49 PM

I'm in, too! I've been dreaming of making pretty feathers for years. NOW I have no more excuses - it's time to dive in and learn from one of the best.
I ordered the panel, borders and thread - which my DH (unbeknownst to him) will be giving me for Christmas...hahaha! Then I plan to go for it!
(Meanwhile I have to finish a baby quilt for my niece, and get my Christmas projects/gifts done.) But I have grand plans to have a very feathery January! Wahoo!!!!
Looking forward to seeing y'all and sharing our progress on the FB page...and here, too!
Donna Mc

Tish05 10-08-2021 06:29 PM

I've watched a lot of Angela's videos and really like how she demonstrates what to do with FMQ. I haven't purchased any of the other panels because I wasn't really that keen on them, but this one is right up my street so I ordered it, along with the thread (I've wanted to try Glide thread and this is a great excuse) and the borders. I'm sure I can find something for backing in my stash. Can't wait! I'm not very good with feathers so I tend to avoid them so this will force me to work on them.

Karon 10-09-2021 05:43 AM

I am looking forward to this one! I ordered the panel, borders and thread. I learned so much from the dream big class. Hoping I can keep up, it gets really busy at my house between Thanksgiving and Christmas! I like that you can watch her classes later. Karon

osewme 10-09-2021 06:17 AM

Thanks for the info on this new challenge. I've never participated in any of her challenges but do follow along to get tips & information from her. She has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to FMQ. Some day I will try to practice more so I can begin to do some FMQ but right now I just drool over quilts of those who are really good at this. I also love watching Angela's ruler quilting.

Doggramma 10-09-2021 11:31 AM

The panel is really pretty!

Nebraska Quilter13365 10-10-2021 07:07 AM

Me too!

I signed up and bought the panel! Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing the info!

platyhiker 10-21-2021 10:59 AM

Wahoo!! Today my order arrived! It shipped on Monday and on Tuesday the USPS tracker said it would be here by Friday, so getting it today is a delightful surprise. I got the panel, the borders and and the thread set, and everything looks just as nice as the pictures on-line. I've got the fabric in the washing machine, so that I can I can get the borders sewn on either Friday or Saturday, and then I need to go shopping for a backing and some batting. I also need to practice quilting to get my skills brushed up, as it's been quite a while since I last practiced. I think it going to be a really fun challenge! Yay, feathers!!!