Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Another LQS closing.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-lqs-closing-t221460.html)

DogHouseMom 05-15-2013 01:08 PM

I just spoke with her .. she said the sale is starting Friday May 17 and will continue until "whenever" they are sold out.

IrishNY 05-15-2013 03:53 PM

I just remembered this - when I was visiting and went to Old Times Quilt Shop, I had a whole lot of fabric cut and then realized they didn't take credit cards. I didn't have my checkbook because I was traveling and didn't expect to need it. I offered to go to the ATM and get cash and the owner told me I might need my cash while traveling and that I could just send her a check when I got home. I could not believe it! She didn't even ask my name. I asked how often someone didn't send a check after saying they would and she said she didn't pay attention to that. She restored my faith in humanity. I bet I still have some of the fabric I bought that day in my stash - I bought a lot. SO sorry to hear they are closing.

Nammie to 7 05-15-2013 07:40 PM

Sorry to hear you are losing a shop - we are so lucky here that we have 4 nice shops here in town and another 6 in surrounding towns. I do my best to support them all! :o

frustratedquilter40 05-15-2013 08:23 PM

One of the shops were I live is closing also but the owner says it is because of health issues. Sorry to see her close she has a really cute shop that sits out in the country and was built on part of her property and her fabrics were always at least 20% cheaper than other shops around here :(

Battle Axe 05-16-2013 02:44 AM

I could buy wholesale, but I try to drop some $$ in each and everyone I visit. I want them to be there next time. Last week $300 in one and $35 in the other.

Marcia

y.morman 05-16-2013 04:31 AM

The Old Times quilt shop takes credit cards now.

tessagin 05-16-2013 06:15 AM

Wish I lived closer! Have fun!

craftiladi 05-16-2013 06:32 AM

Its so sad to see our LQS close, its very hard to keep a business in business these days, especially when you have the big box stores as competition. I do commend any small business that can stay in business. I ran a biz for 17 yrs, wasn't always easy to stay above water.That being said, my sewing is a hobby, I don't make any money from it, I would love to support my LQS but her prices start at 9.99 a yd. sadly I wouldn't be doing to many projects if that were my only resource for fabric. Please don't lemon throwing.

fmhall2 05-16-2013 07:03 AM

When we lived in northern Illinois (Shannon) I LOVED that shop. At that time there were at least 4 rooms filled with various kinds of fabric. And their prices weren't sky high either. It was a wonderful place to shop. I loved it. So sorry to see it is closing. Wish I could afford a trip there now before they close.

Tink's Mom 05-16-2013 07:42 AM

Hmmm, I wonder when the Dr. will let me start driving again?
This shop is 1 1/2- 2 hours away but there are lots of places that I can stop on the way....