Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Another question about scraps. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-question-about-scraps-t180897.html)

Tartan 02-27-2012 02:47 PM

I have used tiny pieces with fusible on them to do a matching gift card. I cut out little shapes, peel off the paper and dry iron press the shapes to form a picture on the gift card. I also save a few pieces in an envelope with the quilt name on it in case I need a repair applique in the future.

oksewglad 02-27-2012 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We had a guild workshop using snippets. Here's my rendition (about 24 inches). My sister was here just before Christmas; she liked it so it went home with her:) One of the gals made a small version of a wreath on onsaberg fabric and embroidered JOY underneath and stuck it in a small 3 x 4 frame. Really simple and very classy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]315976[/ATTACH]

joyce888 02-27-2012 05:11 PM

If the scraps are of a useful size why not cut out some other shapes for another quilt or wall hanging?

sewbeadit 02-27-2012 05:48 PM

I can always find something to do with these scraps, I try and not throw things away that can be used, even if I just pass it on to someone else.

valsma 02-27-2012 08:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I think because I love the colors that these scraps are in I will start a scrap box for fusible scraps. I love the snippit idea. I will have to look more into it. Some of the pieces are big enough to use for stuff like that. No pictures to post.

QandE2010 02-27-2012 08:38 PM

Any scrap 2 inches or more gets saved in scrap box. Anything smaller gets donated to some ladies that make crumb blocks.

Izy 02-28-2012 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5014296)
We had a guild workshop using snippets. Here's my rendition (about 24 inches). My sister was here just before Christmas; she liked it so it went home with her:) One of the gals made a small version of a wreath on onsaberg fabric and embroidered JOY underneath and stuck it in a small 3 x 4 frame. Really simple and very classy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]315976[/ATTACH]

That little hanging is gorgeous! :D Great ideas everyone! :D :D :D

SandScraps 02-28-2012 06:07 AM

Keep them. They are pure gold when you get into snippets or when you really just feel like playing on a bleak afternoon.

grann of 6 02-29-2012 04:56 AM

I have been saving mine in a separate container from other scraps. Some day I will make an art quilt using these pieces. Note the "someday".;)

mimiknoxtaylor 02-29-2012 05:58 AM

I save those & any other scraps in a big bag for grandkids. The boys love to "sew". I made a "sandwich" of a rectangle of muslin front & back with thin batting. When the boys are over & not entrenched in DS I put them each at a machine & let them sew. They love to try all the stitches-usually I put in a colored thread. The 10 yr old over laps his like a crazy quilt & the 7 yr old puts them all over. Even if they get trashed in the end it's great practice for them.