Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any fabrics you really don't like? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-fabrics-you-really-dont-like-t61481.html)

featherweight 08-27-2010 05:02 AM

You will love the Hawaiian prints for your Posey quilt. The bigger the better. I made a Stack and Whack out of some and it came out beautiful. Enjoy.

cizzors 08-27-2010 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dingle

Originally Posted by Mattee
I'm just curious not just about the fabrics people do like, but those they don't. There's tons of things I like. I'm particularly partial to Civil War reproductions and relatively dark or muted fabrics, like Thimbleberries. I might be the only person on the planet, though (please don't yell at me) that doesn't like Batiks. I know it's uncommon, but I just really don't like them. It's one thing if they're used for a pictoral scene - needing something to look like the sky, for example, but just a traditional quilt using batiks? I'm just not a fan of that fabric. I've never bought any, and doubt I ever will. Am I alone?
What about everyone else? Anything you don't like? Batiks? Civil War repro? 30's? solids? Do you like everything, especially if it's on sale?

I don't really care for Batiks either. My Sister loves them. She sticks more to the muted colors. (I call them boring) I like the bright slap you in the face colors! :lol:

Oh yeah? Then maybe you'll get all that bright funky orange outta my house!!!

:twisted: :twisted:

TheresaF 08-27-2010 05:46 AM

I don't like big bold prints
I love fall/earthtone colors, and Patriotic fabrics, nothing with glitter or gold

charleesmom 08-27-2010 05:57 AM

started this reply and then made a booboo and lost it..so it may appear not complete..at any rate bought some cival war fab to make fire-fighter granddaughter a yo yo table runner it was a hit as her whole house is of that style..

dixiechunk 08-27-2010 06:00 AM

Well, we certainly are opposites! That's okay, though, that is the best thing about quilting...plenty of room for a variety of tastes. Batiks are my favorite but I will tell you that was not always so. When they first started coming out I really didn't care for them. At the time I was subscribed to Pincushions "Sweet Treat" program. One month they sent me batiks and I immediately proceeded to swap tham with a dear friend who loved them. Then they sent me another pack of batiks and all of a sudden I was in love with them! Go figure. I also love anything glitzy with gold or silver accents and Orientals. I almost hate Thimbleberries (too greyed for me) but have friends who love them. Use very few solids (maybe black for a 1/2" border occasionally). And I think I overdosed on WOWs a few years back.

BarbM32 08-27-2010 06:20 AM

I enjoy looking at most everything as each has a time and place and have even bought a few things I did not really care for as it looked good with the rest I had chosen.
However, years ago...I did buy some feed sacks that at the time I just knew I would love. Never used them, never will. I just have 8 of those suckers taking up space. What a waste of my money when I could have bought new fabric that would have been used.

steelecg 08-27-2010 06:26 AM

I really like most fabrics - I have worked a lot with Civil War reproductions and they have grown on me, but I also like 30's and batiks. I depends on the project and who is for.

fireworkslover 08-27-2010 06:26 AM

I'm not crazy about prints with white or light backgrounds. At this point, I don't see me using them in any quilt I make.

gollytwo 08-27-2010 06:46 AM

Jinny Beyer or anything that looks like her stuff
cute fabric
country looking, but love folk fabric

jackkip 08-27-2010 06:59 AM

Ok, for some reason I just can't stand Kona solids. It seems everyone raves about them. I just hate the way they feel. Would rather use Moda Marbles for a certain color.

I love Batiks and loud colors. The brighter the better :-)