Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone else have Gremlins... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-else-have-gremlins-t64290.html)

MadQuilter 09-12-2010 10:30 AM

I have been losing a pair of jeans in the house. NO it is not that messy in my house and there are only certain places they could be. Pat swears he has no idea - I'm pretty sure the cat didn't shlepp them off - so that leaves Gremlins. If you are a Harry Potter fan, I'd go with Nargles - they also misplace things.

Ditter43 09-12-2010 10:37 AM

Didn't you know about the quilters gremlins? They have caused problems for us all at one time or another. I think mine like to hide with the dust bunnies! :lol: :lol:

seamstome 09-12-2010 10:43 AM

I could not find my credit cards, cash etc this am. Went through the house three times and gave up. Got to the office, sat down and something poked me....they were in my back pocket.

MommaDorian 09-12-2010 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
I could not find my credit cards, cash etc this am. Went through the house three times and gave up. Got to the office, sat down and something poked me....they were in my back pocket.

Ha ha, that would so be me!! My Mom couldn't find her keys one day. She finally gave up and used her spare set to run errands. Later that day she opened the fridge only to find them sitting next to the milk. Go figure!! lol

prairiequeen 09-12-2010 11:09 AM

I totally have them I can machine quilt all day stitches perfect,shut the machine down,next morning someones messed with my tension.

Twisted Quilter 09-12-2010 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I have been losing a pair of jeans in the house. NO it is not that messy in my house and there are only certain places they could be. Pat swears he has no idea - I'm pretty sure the cat didn't shlepp them off - so that leaves Gremlins. If you are a Harry Potter fan, I'd go with Nargles - they also misplace things.

After a good 3 weeks, I finally found my jeans. I was making a jean quilt and somehow they accidently got in the wrong pile. I remember when I was cutting them up thinking, "Boy these are a nice dark blue, and soft too". :shock:

SaraSewing 09-12-2010 02:17 PM

One of my favorite set of books is "The Borrowers". It's about a family of minuture people who live among us. They are the ones who take those missing things to their own homes. I read them to all my children, and have enjoyed them again myself. I'd highly recommend them to anyone with a spark of imagination and adventure.

littlehud 09-12-2010 03:22 PM

I'm sure they are living with my house. Happens to me all the time.

Babs194068 09-14-2010 02:02 AM

Here I thought it was because I wasn't putting it where it belonged. Sure glad it wasn't me.

PensyDutch 09-14-2010 02:28 AM

Yep, I even call out to my gremlins by name - "Weared-it-go" and "Ah-doan-no". Would you believe that they even love to hide my car keys, my phone, and the cable that hooks my camera to my PC? This morning, they took one of my slippers and I am sure they blamed it on the dog.