Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   For anyone that refurbishes old sewing machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-refurbishes-old-sewing-machines-t42719.html)

SewExtremeSeams 04-16-2010 02:26 PM

Billy,

Thanks for the info on repainting a machine. Hmmmm, $150.. that does make one stop to think. I will give it more thought. Later I will try to post the Damascus photo. It does have rust but not as much as you have shown.

Thanks

Lostn51 04-16-2010 02:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The 27 is the Godzilla finish I already posted a bit earlier in the thread. Here is what the Singer 24 ended up looking like after the repaint. And this is another 27 I did but I have to still wet sand the machine and then spray the last coats of clear on it to bury the decals. I also made the decals out of 22kt gold leaf.

Billy

SewExtremeSeams 04-16-2010 03:10 PM

Billy! WoW! Beautiful. I am in awe. Last week on craigslist I saw one like the little one for dirt cheap. I will have to see if I can locate that one again.

Let's see, can I afford to take on another craft?! It's tempting. :roll:

dixiechunk 04-16-2010 05:47 PM

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Lostn51 04-16-2010 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Windy Canyon
Billy! WoW! Beautiful. I am in awe. Last week on craigslist I saw one like the little one for dirt cheap. I will have to see if I can locate that one again.

Let's see, can I afford to take on another craft?! It's tempting. :roll:

Thats a 1900 Singer 24 industrial chain stitch machine, yep its an industrial. It was used to sew hat bands at a factory in New York.

If you can get one jump on it!!

Billy

zz-pd 04-16-2010 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
The 27 is the Godzilla finish I already posted a bit earlier in the thread. Here is what the Singer 24 ended up looking like after the repaint. And this is another 27 I did but I have to still wet sand the machine and then spray the last coats of clear on it to bury the decals. I also made the decals out of 22kt gold leaf.

Billy

that is so pretty. Penny

summerstorm 04-16-2010 09:43 PM

Billy,

Beautful work.

Sharon

Gerbie 04-17-2010 02:31 AM

purplepassion
I too love purple and have been on the lookout for a featherweight. I was checking those on ebay and came across one that was purple.However I simply could not see the asking price, and the bid began at $399.00 way too steep for me. If I could just spend without worring about funds for other things then I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat. It was really a pretty machine. They are getting quite expensive with the bidding on ebay at present, I think too expensive for most and from the looks of some of them, way too much. But then this is my opinion, and I am sure not an expert by any means.

Gerbie 04-17-2010 02:40 AM

WOW!!! Billy those are absolutely beautiful. You did a fantastic job. Thanks for the before and after. I love the after of the red especially, the gold work is out of this world. Thanks for the photos.

Maw 04-18-2010 01:37 PM

Billy,
If I could do the things you can do wirh machines I would be in Heaven. They are beautful. I just got an old ( not real old ) white,model 940.The book said it was bought at D. H. Holmes in 1975. It's in a cabinet and real dirty.I don't know to begin.

Maw