Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-club-do-you-like-applique-lets-chit-chat-here-t64769.html)

applique 12-30-2010 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I no longer do hand work but I sure do machine applique. The heart is also used to teach beginner machine applique. Once I get rolling I can stitch a heart in about 90 seconds (satin stitch). It's the piecing I don't care for. although paper piecing is easier for me!
One more heart and this twin will be ready for the quilter. YEA!

Another twin ready for quilter.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150365[/ATTACH]

kwiltkrazy 12-30-2010 07:54 PM

those are really pretty. I love the material you used in the hearts.

Psychomomquilter 12-31-2010 05:47 AM

I went to walmart yesterday(habits are hard to break) anyway I was looking for that fusing you all are talking about, bur all I found was the bonded stuff, and one looked like It could be used on applique, so the question is , do you use only the fusable stuff for the appliques?

I also looked into the appliques I have,

someone at a yard sale gave me theses I will mention,
a bunch of Indian stuff!'The great spirit, you use the fusing , then you paint on it! this looks like a big project to me
then thunder birds

would love to share these pictures .
then other decorations. these things are beautiful! But I am too much a novice at this time to attempt them! so should I just leave them for a time till I can get some of this experience I need? silly question!

kwiltkrazy 01-02-2011 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my latest applique.

applique 01-03-2011 05:19 AM

Back thirty years ago there was no fusible webbing. We used glue or when it came out, the fusible interfacing because it helped stabilize the pieces. So use what ever you have for practice. Elmer's school glue or Rozanne's glue baste it to hold down your edges while you stitch. Be sure to put stabilizer behind the piece and tear away after wards. The tighter your stitches, the heavier the stabilizer. I use a very tight satin stitch and use the wall liner paper for the stabilizer.

Suz 01-27-2011 03:39 PM

Where is everyone? Has our little club dissolved? I really enjoyed the exchanges and learning from each other. I know we were all busy with the holidays, but we are at the end of January. Anyone ready to resume? What are we/you working on?
Suz

applique 01-27-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Suz
Where is everyone? Has our little club dissolved? I really enjoyed the exchanges and learning from each other. I know we were all busy with the holidays, but we are at the end of January. Anyone ready to resume? What are we/you working on?
Suz

I posted my Dog for Christmas which I am working on now. I think most of the posts are coming in as separate posts.

BonniFeltz 01-27-2011 03:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Suz
Suz

Oh I have been busy stitching but have been VERY VERY busy. Here is part of something that I am working on.

The first pix is what the pattern calls for in the number of leaves. The second is what I have already finished for the block. This is one of four blocks. It is being made for a swap. I will put some of the leaves on the stem but not that many.

oh yeah. instead of putting another layer for the flower center I decided to put buttons.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169111[/ATTACH]

kwiltkrazy 01-27-2011 05:31 PM

Bonni that is beautiful

BonniFeltz 01-27-2011 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Bonni that is beautiful

Thanks. I think I will put three leaves on the outer two stems. I eally don't like the smaller leaves. :)