Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bad Quilting Habit ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bad-quilting-habit-t66657.html)

tadpoles_62 09-26-2010 08:44 AM

i am th esame way , i sew tops and sew tops and have to make my self stop and sandwich them together and finish them, i think its a quilter's thing lol :oops:

nanaquilter1 09-26-2010 08:45 AM

There are many good machine quilters available now...send it out and get started on your next top! It's not really a bad quilt habit...It's always been a challenge for me to make the top...loved the hand quilting.....I'm over it! last top I made is at the quilter's as I write this....can no longer hand quilt, thumbs won't cooperate.

Happy piecing , donna

Cottontop 09-26-2010 08:51 AM

Maybe it's cheating and I'm also guilty...just how many hours a day anyway... Keep it up..Thanks for sharing.

oldlady 77 09-26-2010 08:52 AM

We all have the same "bad" habits to some degree but I think we are all sisters, just with other mothers.
I think it is just part of the creative process to stop and start several projects and have a stash. Sending quilts to a longarmer or doing them yourself, it's the process not the end results. The end is are you happy doing your quilts?

amokcanuck 09-26-2010 08:53 AM

I too love to make the tops but also really enjoy the machine free hand motion quilting. I have been where you are and don't find it a bad habit at all. My solution was to say I would donate a/ or a few quilts and that geared me to finish what I had started, because obviously I was'nt going to finish for myself, so in my mind, get it outta here to make room for all my other ideas, and there are plenty, with not enough hours in the day.
You'll make it, hang in there.
Marian

jennygrit 09-26-2010 09:02 AM

That is ONE of my bad habits. My girls are going to be selling my fabric at yard sales or give to the Salvation Army. I better get off of here and get busy.

Jeanniejo 09-26-2010 09:06 AM

Where are you in Virginia ? I know someone in the Raleigh/ Durham area that is excellent and has prices that are affordable. PM me if your interested.

Annaquilts 09-26-2010 09:07 AM

Just read your intro post. I have a similar issue with tops piling up or fully basted quilts waiting for the quilting that never happens. Now I will put this topic on my watched topics list.

Annaquilts 09-26-2010 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo
- now have large enough plastic boxes that I can put what I've done, the rest of the fabric and MOST IMPORTANT the pattern or some notes on what was intended..
This last enclosure I learned the hard way.
Have a box with all the pieces cut, extra yardage and no idea what I meant to do with it.

Boy does this all sound familiar!

Annaquilts 09-26-2010 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
My bad habit is drinking coffee or tea while working on my stuff.........the HORROR stories I could tell, lol! This is a BAD habit, esp. with pets AND coffee!

You are just cutting down on steps and you are antiqueing your quilts by tea and coffee dying. LOL