Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Baseball themed quilt pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/baseball-themed-quilt-pattern-t184236.html)

peg711 03-29-2012 03:59 AM

Would it be possible for you to send me the directions also. My grandson who is 3 lives for baseball and the PHILLIES.
I made him the Philly Phanatic one year for halloween and this would be perfect. Thanks

grandme26 03-29-2012 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny (Post 5097895)
Here's the picture of the pattern I have in a magazine. This makes a quilt that is 71 x 82. The magazine it appears in is The Quilter, July 2004.
I'm willing to take the pattern out of the magazine but I do want to keep the rest of the magazine.

Thank you. I just went on line and found the site and was able to order the magazine. I do not like the idea of tearing things out of mags. I love the picture and it is what I had in mind. I have some baseball buttons that I will add. After I receive the mag I want to loook and see if I can do something different with the top. Again thank you so much to everyone who has posted here. I had about given up.

JenniePenny 03-29-2012 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by grandme26 (Post 5100461)
Thank you. I just went on line and found the site and was able to order the magazine. I do not like the idea of tearing things out of mags. I love the picture and it is what I had in mind. I have some baseball buttons that I will add. After I receive the mag I want to loook and see if I can do something different with the top. Again thank you so much to everyone who has posted here. I had about given up.

I am so happy that the mag is still available. It's a very great magazine issue- the only one I've ever seen that has more than 10 projects in it that ALL appeal to me. Have fun, and I look forward to seeing how it turns out!

applique 03-30-2012 05:59 PM

Fenway

2 Attachment(s)
Fenway is celebrating 100 years and the museum has a fantastic quilt exhibit. These are some postcards and a quilt/wall hanging being made to go in the shop.

grandme26 04-05-2012 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny (Post 5097895)
Here's the picture of the pattern I have in a magazine. This makes a quilt that is 71 x 82. The magazine it appears in is The Quilter, July 2004.
I'm willing to take the pattern out of the magazine but I do want to keep the rest of the magazine.

JenniePenny, the magazine arrived yesterday and it looks perfect. Thank you so much.

grandme26 04-05-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by applique (Post 5103708)
Fenway is celebrating 100 years and the museum has a fantastic quilt exhibit. These are some postcards and a quilt/wall hanging being made to go in the shop.

Debbie, The pictures of the ball players will work well with the pattern I will be using. I will print them off on printable fabric and then attach them to the different parts of the quilt. Gary will love it. Thank you

mateach 04-23-2012 04:11 AM

another idea

I used an embroidery disk that had baseball theme pictures and position words to incorporate into my quilts. Thread colors could be changed to match what you want. Also scanned to fabric pictures of the kids playing ball at different times. Went over well.

faykilgore 04-23-2012 04:36 AM

What great ideas and amazing quilts. Thanks for posting pictures and sharing ideas. There are some seriously talented people on this board!

grandme26 04-23-2012 08:20 AM

I have ordered the fabric needed so will start on it as soon as it comes in. I had thought about getting pictures of the boys on my GS team and putting them on the quilt but DD did not like that idea. They tell me the fabric has been shipped so I hope it gets here soon. I am so excited about starting the quilt.