Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   basting spray (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/basting-spray-t13892.html)

littlehud 11-29-2008 06:44 PM

I have started quilting the king size ( I do mean HUGE ) quilt that I sprayed with the basting spray. It is amazing. It stays stuck together just like I wanted and is not gumming up my needle. I don't know who invented this but they deserve a medal. Why didn't I find this two years ago.

Jim's Gem 11-29-2008 08:52 PM

I recently quilted a quilt that I had sprayed a year ago. It was still sticking together, though maybe a little looser on the borders. I have been using this for several years. Love It!!!

johnette 11-30-2008 06:03 AM

Wow! I'm gonna dig around for a Joann's coupon and go buy some more!

Lyn 11-30-2008 03:27 PM

First of all I am new to this group but I have been reading your posts for the last, oh, maybe a year. This is the most informative and useful site I have found. You are all friendly and helpful so I made the jump and joined. Oh by the way I have used basting spray for a year also and my fingers thank me.

Skeat 11-30-2008 05:33 PM

Wow...I am going to have to try this myself. I had a friend spray for me a small quilt I was working on and it didn't hold -so, I gave it no more thought on the subject. I don't know which one she used,but, must not have been the one you all are talking about:))Will defin. try it myself!! Do you think this will work for appliq too??I've pin basted where I want my objects and have pinned myself crazy!! Every time I stitch I poke myself!:))LOL Skeat

treasurelady 11-30-2008 05:58 PM

I've been handquilting a 50 x 70 lap quilt since July. (I've not been well, so not much time to spend on it). It is still holding together. At first it was sticky and a little (not too much) hard to push the needle thru. Now it goes thru easy. I guess it "cures" with time. I'll definitely use it again.

Linda

johnette 11-30-2008 06:19 PM

I found my Joann's coupon and made the 40 mile trip down there and guess what? The basting spray was already on sale for 50% off! Yay! So I bought 2 cans and used the coupon for some more fabric that I (didn't) need. I haven't started quilting yet, I have a top I want to finish before I switch my machine over to the walking foot. But, after reading all the posts I won't worry about it. The kind my Joann's has is June Taylor's basting spray, anyone used this kind before?

Quilting Aggi 12-01-2008 03:39 AM

I use the 505 Spray on alot of smaller projects. I think I tried it once on a full size quilt, but I had to be sure the quiting was done within a few days as it does dry away after a while.

I love the stuff! I have my students use it Saturday past on their table runners, and tonight I will have them use it on their tree skirts. This is their last night and my last night of teaching til the new year!! I am looking forward to the break now!

Extreme Quilter 12-01-2008 07:35 AM

Everyone seems to use and like 505 basting spray. Does anyone use Sulky KK 2000? How do the two compare?

blmclin 12-01-2008 01:21 PM

I use it all the time on wall hangings. It works great and although it might be a bit pricey, it lasts a long time.