Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Biggest Stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/biggest-stash-t221056.html)

Ozarkcastle 05-10-2013 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Stitch124 (Post 6054332)
ok that's insane! When does she have time to quilt? I think she's a fabric hoarder, and a scrapbooker....quilter, not so much....IMHO.

http://fabrictherapy.blogspot.com/ I have been follower of Teresa's for awhile and her work is beautiful. One can spend days looking at all the projects she shares.

DonnaC 05-10-2013 06:18 AM

You know, I think having that much stash would totally overwhelm me, to the point where I would not get anything done. My stash is pretty small by this board's standards! I am a hoarder of fat quarters and charm packs, though. :)

tlpa 05-10-2013 08:37 AM

Love reviewing the pictures. Makes me want to get organized!

germanquilter 05-10-2013 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl (Post 6054380)
Omfg....................

That was pretty much my reaction LOL

BarbaraSue 05-10-2013 04:07 PM

I don't care about someone else's organization especially when my organizational skills suck. Glad it works for her, I'd be overwhelmed.

Weasly, on the other hand, has a fun activity room to play in.

Stitch124 05-13-2013 04:03 AM

This is my stash.....don't laugh!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Pitiful but true....there are a about 5 pieces of fabric that are going to be backing on quilts aready in the piecing process so those are set aside, but basically....this is it. The fabric on the top shelf left side are already set aside for quilts... cut 5" squares on the right are -I-Spy fabrics for future swaps. Second shelf are fat quarters for small FQ quilts because I don't have enough for a full size quilt, 4th shelf are miscellaneous extras and a Halloween applique quilt kit(I don't know how to applique yet). Bottom shelf has pre-cut patterns in baggies for wallets, make up bags, purses and zippered storage boxes in various sizes. Also some fabric given to me for a quilt pillow for my dog (the pink and yellow on the left side). There is about 3 yrds of flannel for sewing room curtains/valances. The words on the fabric say "Stitch in Time" which is the AKC registration name for my mini-schauzer baby - Stitchie. (She's lounging on the couch after a hard day of chasing squirrels and birds in the backyard. :D

wolph33 05-13-2013 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Stitch124 (Post 6054332)
ok that's insane! When does she have time to quilt? I think she's a fabric hoarder, and a scrapbooker....quilter, not so much....IMHO.

lol I agree

GrannieAnnie 05-13-2013 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee (Post 6052989)
Does anyone have a series of pictures of a HUGE STASH that was on the QB about a year ago? This lady's entire basement was filled with plastic containers with every imaginable type of fabric, each container labeled. I can't find the pictures and would love to have them again if someone knows what I am talking about.

Thanks,
Nolee

LOL, a friend who lives a few miles east of me has a huge stash. She put her boys thru school, got them married off and moved upstate so she could have more storage space. (slight exaggeration!)

GrannieAnnie 05-13-2013 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Stitch124 (Post 6060980)
Pitiful but true....there are a about 5 pieces of fabric that are going to be backing on quilts aready in the piecing process so those are set aside, but basically....this is it. The fabric on the top shelf left side are already set aside for quilts... cut 5" squares on the right are -I-Spy fabrics for future swaps. Second shelf are fat quarters for small FQ quilts because I don't have enough for a full size quilt, 4th shelf are miscellaneous extras and a Halloween applique quilt kit(I don't know how to applique yet). Bottom shelf has pre-cut patterns in baggies for wallets, make up bags, purses and zippered storage boxes in various sizes. Also some fabric given to me for a quilt pillow for my dog (the pink and yellow on the left side). There is about 3 yrds of flannel for sewing room curtains/valances. The words on the fabric say "Stitch in Time" which is the AKC registration name for my mini-schauzer baby - Stitchie. (She's lounging on the couch after a hard day of chasing squirrels and birds in the backyard. :D

Amateur! (j/k) we've all got to start someplace.