Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Blind as a bat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/blind-bat-t221409.html)

bluadept 05-15-2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Quilts rock (Post 6062102)
I was complaining to DH about my eyesight getting worse, and I especially notice it when quilting. Home he comes with a head lamp for me. It's awesome! It fits around my head and has a small LED lamp that allows me to see my stitches so much better. I know I must look like a real doorknob when I am wearing it, but I don't mind, I can see!!!!

Go to your eye doctor and tell them that you need your glasses if you wear them that they need to be adjusted for quilting distance. Several of my fellow guild member have done this and love it. We even had a speaker that talked about it along with proper positing for cutting, sewing and ironing and ways to fix the adjustments easily.

zkosh 05-15-2013 06:44 PM

Thanks for all the tips. The lights and Aspercreme sound like things to try.:)

sewellie 05-15-2013 07:42 PM

'we call them "dork lights." haha

Originally Posted by Quilts rock (Post 6062102)
I was complaining to DH about my eyesight getting worse, and I especially notice it when quilting. Home he comes with a head lamp for me. It's awesome! It fits around my head and has a small LED lamp that allows me to see my stitches so much better. I know I must look like a real doorknob when I am wearing it, but I don't mind, I can see!!!!

Teddybear Lady 05-15-2013 08:04 PM

I'm amazed at what I learn from this board almost every single day. Thank you all for sharing what works for you. I get excited now when my husband says.."I need to go to Harbor Freight, want to go"? You bet I do! :D

Donna in Mo 05-17-2013 07:17 PM

I think I have seen them at Harbor Freight. All the Amish wear them around here where we live.

Pat625 05-17-2013 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by SewOK (Post 6065816)
For those of you who have arthritic hand problems, try rubbing them with Aspercreme before you start quilting. It has made a big difference for me with hand quilting, crocheting, etc. The Aspercreme is non-greasy and soaks right into the skin. I use it all the time and have never had a problem with it being greasy.

wonder how the aspercreme absorbs in the body. I am on blood thinners and am not allowed to use aspirin along with it

QuiltE 05-18-2013 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 6070448)
wonder how the aspercreme absorbs in the body. I am on blood thinners and am not allowed to use aspirin along with it

Ask your Dr!!

T-Anne 05-19-2013 08:19 AM

Wow, I want one!!!! Guess a trip to Harbor Freight is in the future. :-)

Quilts rock 05-19-2013 01:40 PM

I asked DH where he gets the head lamps ( he is an electrician and needs them when he is up in ceilings and such), and he gets them at Home Depot. I'm glad I posted this thread as I learned about aspercream and other great tips!

Painiacs 05-19-2013 01:48 PM

Awesome idea!!