Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/blue-white-stars-block-exchange-sign-up-t11418.html)

Marcia 02-26-2009 08:14 PM

Mine are completely finished, got their little labels on them and are ready for the mail tomorrow morning!!!! Now I am really excited!! :lol:

littlehud 02-26-2009 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Having said that, circles, rectangles, and triangular blocks would not be good! LOL ;-)

The comment about wanting to wrap yourself up in love made me want to cry. I made a quilt last year for my nephew, he's 8 years old, out of his late father's t-shirts. It was a massive undertaking, to be done in a really short time, and was emotionally very very difficult. His father (my sister's husband) died of cancer at age 34 just three years ago. When I had finished I was so pleased with the quilt, but I didn't think that my nephew would really understand the significance of it, or appreciate it. But when he went into surgery to have his own cancer removed, the doctors wrapped him in his quilt and he said to them "it's like having daddy's arms around me".

He doesn't notice the odd point that didn't line up, he doesn't notice where two colours ended up next to each other, he doesn't see any imperfections. All he sees is a quilt made out of his daddy's clothes, by his aunty, with so much love. And it will always be special.

It's that age old saying...

"the whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

Taken individually, each block is nothing special, some are complex, some have minor faults, some are plain . But put them all together, and you have something special, something way bigger than just 12 blue and white star blocks.

You bring tears to my eyes. You have just shown us all what quilting is all about. Thank you.

mgshaw 02-26-2009 08:16 PM

Perfection was not one of the requirements of this swap!!!! :D Lord knows if it was there would be none to swap!!!! The only thing that will be perfect out of this whole thing will be the finished quilts because they will be made with the love and caring of all our friends!!!!!!!!

QuiltingTurtle 02-26-2009 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok I am posting a pic of my first completed block......... It has some of the points missing.....and the first time I sewed it, it didn't turn out 12.5 (but I tried again,........and it WORKED) :)

Here is the block I am working on:

Janstar 02-26-2009 09:34 PM

That's beautiful Turtle! I hope I get one!

mgshaw 02-26-2009 09:42 PM

I love it! love the fabric too! :D

mrsj82 02-26-2009 10:06 PM

Wow, you guys are something else. This post is becoming more than just updates on the blocks. It's becoming the inspiration for me to keep sewing and to not beat myself up when I fail. (or think I've failed!) This board is wonderful, and I'm going to call my quilt "Friends, not blues". Because I feel like it. :P

My blocks are far from perfect, but I hope that whoever gets one of mine realizes that it was done with my best efforts in mind, and I sincerely hope they will be accepted and loved the way I will love all of mine.

*Huggles go out to my quilting friends*

BlueChicken 02-27-2009 12:01 AM

Yayyyyyyyy! :thumbup:

QuiltQueen 02-27-2009 06:16 AM

Please email me the address to where I need to send the Blue & White blocks to my email address: [email protected] I have signed up a while ago and have 2 sets of 12 blocks done! thanks

sewsewquilter 02-27-2009 06:32 AM

Quilting Turtle your block is beautiful!