Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bobbin Winders at WalMart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bobbin-winders-walmart-t108919.html)

Momsmurf 03-20-2011 09:49 PM

I have a Sidewinder and love it. I can even load it up just a tiny bit more by holding the start button manually. I don't over do it...but it's great. (I always take the batteries out when not in use, and although it does come with a electrical plug, I have yet to use it.

chuckbere15 03-20-2011 11:27 PM

My sewing machine dealer told me and my mom a trick, wrap the thread around the tension thingy twice. This makes for a tighter bobin and allows more thread on it.

ladyshuffler 03-20-2011 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by okiedee
Has anyone used one of those bobbin winders found at WalMart? I am wondering...what you think of them, are they worth the money?

My bobbin does not hold a lot of thread, I wind up two or three, but does not last very long and I hate to unthread the machine to rewind a bobbin. Hugs, Dee

Don't bother...............bought one and took it back!! The lady at Joanns asked why I brought it back, I told her why (thread did not wind on to the bobbin tight or correctly all over the place) she said 5 units had been returned today!!

patsyo56721 03-21-2011 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by okiedee
Has anyone used one of those bobbin winders found at WalMart? I am wondering...what you think of them, are they worth the money?

My bobbin does not hold a lot of thread, I wind up two or three, but does not last very long and I hate to unthread the machine to rewind a bobbin. Hugs, Dee

I have the Sidewinder and love it. It runs or battery or electric I have also taken it to classes and others have use it. I love it.

janb 03-21-2011 05:31 AM

I think all machines have bobbin winders on them...I wind several bobbins at a time - I really hate to have to thread my needle. Dont see the need to spend extra money on a sidewinder when I can use that money on material.

LindaR 03-21-2011 05:40 AM

I use mine all the time...fits all my machines and I hate unthreading just to wind a bobbin. I keep my hand on the spool so it doesn't fly off. the knob gives you the tension for winding...I use pre-wound in my juki when I'm quilting...can't beat them, they go along ways

winia 03-21-2011 06:19 AM

I have the Sidewinder, have had it for a while, and I love it.
It works very, very well. I would recommend it. :thumbup:

Nona 03-21-2011 07:42 AM

I have a viking mega quilter and I can wind my bobbins on my Walmart sidewinder. The method I use when using a large spool of thread is to put it on my Large thread holder for my machine and then thru the guides on the sidewinder. Works for me. Bobbins are cheap. I have at least 20 for each machine and when I start a project I load up bobbins and away we go.

martha jo 03-21-2011 09:31 AM

I have had a Sidewinder since they first came out. If I wind them with the battery they are too loose but if I use electricity they are fine.

blackbearbetty 03-21-2011 01:58 PM

I have a sidewinder from Joanns I loveit.