Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bought a new machine - finally made a decision on which one (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bought-new-machine-finally-made-decision-one-t157419.html)

momof4 10-03-2011 06:19 AM

enjoy

johnnietate1225 10-03-2011 06:47 AM

How difficult would it be to quilt a quilt with this machine? I see it does beautiful stitches for smaller pieces.

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy!

Ginger2010 10-03-2011 07:17 AM

Good choice and congratulations with your new "Baby"! I have had mine for only about a couple of months and I just love it! I also have a Pfaff 2140 upgraded to a 2170 Embroidery machine, and the Ellisimo is so much easier to use! Wouldn't trade it for anything! I have the circular attachment, but haven't tried it out yet! I've been working on 2 quilts for my grandsons. Need to put them aside and play with the embroidery machine! Guess there will be lots of time for that, I hope anyway!

NanaCsews2 10-03-2011 07:27 AM

I AM SO JEALOUS! Been going back and forth in my mind about upgrading from my Ellegante to the Ellisimo. I just need a very good price for my Ellegante, and to get the Ellisimo. Haven't found one yet. My machine has only 87000 stitches so I am thinking it is still too new for me to trade up. But I sure am jealous!

JoyjoyMarie 10-03-2011 07:46 AM

Congrats on your new baby- It is such fun to get a new toy. Be sure to show us what you make with it!

Sewfine 10-03-2011 08:32 AM

Beautiful runner and pillow.

Quilt4u 10-03-2011 08:34 AM

Congrats and have fun.

JanetM 10-03-2011 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Karenowc
Janet - thank you for the description and the photos. Really pretty projects. It looks like it was a great class. Was the class at her store or was she traveling to your area?
Karen

This was a 3 day event "Eleanor Burns Quilting Academy" It was held at the Del Mar Hilton (San Diego area), and was sponsored by Sewing Machines Plus, a sewing dealership in San Marcos CA (North San Diego County). Eleanor Burns lives in Carlsbad and has her store in San Marcos, so she is our local celebrity.

This event was so much fun so I am hoping they repeat it again in 2012, but when I saw Eleanor at the quilt show she told me she doesn't think they will. Dealerships sponsor these events to sell their machines, so the sales have to be high enough to cover the cost of hosting these events.

If ever you have a chance to meet her, or take one of her classes, please do. She is a wonderful sweet woman.

edit: She also has a store in Paducah Kentucky, and spends her time there as well.

Rhonda Lee 10-03-2011 12:16 PM

I love my Ellisimo. I have had it about a year and like it more each time I use it. And I use it all the time. Good choice!

BarbZ 10-03-2011 12:46 PM

i have to admit this is a new one for me. Who makes this elisimo??? I have a janome 6600 and love it. Wasn't impressed with the Janome 7000 last year so i doubt i will like the newest one. Probably just bigger and more expensive.