Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bow Tuck - nervous (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bow-tuck-nervous-t87814.html)

beksclen 01-07-2011 07:35 AM

I did the same. Straight lines ouside and no quiliting for the lining and it turned out fine.

Cyn 01-07-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
I am always using the word STUFF!

It's a great word- covers so many things!

Pat G 01-07-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Yesterday I bought some Christmas fabric at Walmart (great sales!!). I'm planning to use it for a bow tuck. I've never made one before, but I'm SO nervous. I keep think I'll start it, then I think no. lol Need some cheerleaders!!!

I know you can do it. I started with Step 1, then step 2.....kept each step of fabric cutting together & in a row. Read the directions closely since I found a cpl,. of words confusing. I highlighted them so I wouldn't make a mistake. Read, read, read ea. step carefully. Be careful where the handles & ties go. You'll do great & show us when you're finished & beaming with pride.

retta97 01-07-2011 05:26 PM

I agree. I've had the pattern for over a month and am afraid to try it,But maybe tommorow? Wish me luck.You have already answered one of my questions as to the quilting.Thanks,you have inspired me to start.

biscuitqueen 01-07-2011 07:06 PM

GO GIRLFRIEND
GO GIRLFRIEND
GO!!!!!!!!!!

Bev 01-08-2011 08:22 AM

I'm going to bookmark this thread for when I have the backbone to start mine. I'll need all the help I can get. I'm usually all thumbs when it comes to sewing anything beyond dolls clothes and pot holders. :lol:

grammakitty 01-08-2011 11:11 AM

I bought the pattern about a month or so ago, have made one purse so far another in the wings for my DIL, but hospital stay for my hubby and general bad health for me has stop me from making more. Sure have had the compliments on mine, made with leftover fabric from my grandsons music quilt.
Just get started and you will not stop with one, just like Ruffles. :0)
I'm hoping to get on the mend and get to sewing again. I think I'm going into withdrawal!!

Judy

MommaDorian 01-08-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by grammakitty
I'm hoping to get on the mend and get to sewing again. I think I'm going into withdrawal!!

Judy

Judy, I hope you and your husband are feeling better soon!! I'd love to see the one you made with music fabric.

Bev 01-08-2011 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian

Originally Posted by grammakitty

Judy

Judy, I hope you and your husband are feeling better soon!! I'd love to see the one you made with music fabric.

Me too! I have some music fabric that I've been dying to use but couldn't think of how. It's just a yard.

8-)

katesnanna 01-10-2011 04:59 AM

My best friend has just done her first one. She thought it could do with some more pics. I put her onto a tute from this board. She said she thought it would be difficult but she just followed step by step.

I have my pattern but have a couple of things to finish first. Maybe this week.