Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother PQ1500s machine, comments anyone? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-pq1500s-machine-comments-anyone-t185159.html)

Knittingdoc 04-30-2012 12:46 PM

I love the PQ1500-S

I just purchased PQ1500-S from www.Allbrands.com. It arrived quickly, with the "freebies" that I obtained. ($100 less if you get just the machine) The price was great! I did lots of looking around and this machine seems to have everything I was looking for in a straight stitch machine. Threading is pretty easy. It sews well, nice and quiet. (I sew after my 3 year old goes to bed. The craft room is right next door to his room.) I have not gotten to FMQ, yet, but piecing is going VERY well. The wide throat is very nice. Knee lift presser foot lifter is awesome. I practiced changing the presser feet and that went smoothly, as well. The auto-cut is a bit on the loud side, but I don't use that function often so it doesn't bother me. I am very happy with my investment.

Mary

barbo117 04-30-2012 01:05 PM

Thanks Mary, I haven't purchased one yet, kind of still shopping around. I will check Allbrands right now. I am glad that you like the machine I have heard only good things about it!

Barb

BellaBoo 04-30-2012 01:13 PM

I have this machine. In fact I won it with all accessories from the Fab Shop Hop some years ago when the machine was selling for $1200. It's great. I use it with my John Flynn frame. Easy to clean all the inside and it's all metal. You don't have to baby this machine! The manual isn't very detailed but I found answers from this group and others.

quiltstringz 04-30-2012 01:13 PM

I have one of these and just love it. I actually bought it for FMQ before I got my long arm. Not sure if you can still find the 1500 at a dealer as I believe a new model came out (more bells/whistles/$) that replaced it. I have seen many new ones online (sure some places bought at a very good price and are offering until they are all gone). The original retail price on them was I believe $1500 when I got mine years ago

Roberts35 07-04-2012 04:12 PM

Do any of you all know anything about the brother LS2125i? I am looking for a good basting machine to use to attach quilts to canvas leaders, don't really need the high speed just a long stitch length.

Thanks!

sewbeadit 07-04-2012 08:53 PM

I have heard nothing but good things about this machine and it was on 599.00 at amazon.com for a while.

bevster 04-18-2013 05:37 AM

The PQ1500s is a terrific machine for machine quilting! I have used it and it has all you need for piecing (straight stitch) and to quilt your own quilts. I would recommend! For the price, $599.00 you can't beat it. I have a Bernina with a stitch regulator, and I only use my PQ1500 for quilting it does a GREAT job. Bevster

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-18-2013 07:00 AM

I use mine every day and love it. The other machine only comes out of the closet for applique these days.