Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Burp Cloth (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/burp-cloth-t148090.html)

BMP 08-26-2011 04:57 PM

I just did one with some very thin batting and will do a 2nd without the batting...thanks for the replies

Lady Crafter 08-26-2011 05:03 PM

I made sets of bibs and burpers for several years for craft fairs. I used flannel on one side, cotton fabric on the other and a thin batting in between ... for both the bib and burper. Top stitched when done to anchor the batting. I sold them by the hundreds!

Bueniebabe 08-26-2011 05:03 PM

I use themo line plus interfacing. It is a thicker interfacing and softer. It's thick enough that it soaks stuff up better. I also use it in bibs.

Divokittysmom 08-26-2011 05:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Bonnie, I have made literally dozens of burp cloths. I use 2 layers of flannel....I like nice heavier weight of soft flannel. I make mine pillowcase style and add a border of a cute baby print to the bottom for some style and color.
Mom's seem to love them as they always request additional burps!

A burpcloth for a little boy, done in applique style. I try to match the print to the applque.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247197[/ATTACH]

Obviously for a little girl with a cute flirty ruffle attached!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247199[/ATTACH]

More embroidered burps with 2 soft flannel washcloths added to the package.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247200[/ATTACH]

GrannieAnnie 08-26-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
I decided to make a few for my niece. I am not sure if to add some thin batting or another layer of flannel or not add anything. I am using a heavier weight flannel for both sides

No filler needed!

GreatStarter 08-26-2011 06:11 PM

I make burb clothes with two different coordinated flannels and a thin layer of cotton batting. Everyone I have given them to rave about them.

Kat

sweetpea 08-26-2011 06:33 PM

I just use two layer of flannel. everbody that I have gaven them to have real happy with them.

davis2se 08-27-2011 03:00 AM

Sheriann - your burp cloths are adorable. I had already planned to spend today making a bunch for my daughter to give to several friends who have recently become parents. The envelope method, and ruffles - love those ideas. Thanks!!!!!

starlite 08-27-2011 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by SMR
I use flannel only. I also shape them wider on ends witnarower middle so they stay on shoulder better. I have used cottons but flannel more absorbent. Niece recently got some made from polar fleece which while soft don't absorb anything.

I made some with the polar fleece but just on the backing with flannel on top.....they seem to keep spit up from coming through. Just a thought......Jan

granny64 08-27-2011 04:35 AM

I make burp cloths using bought diapers. Add fabric trim to each end and you have a great burp cloth. If you have an embroidery machine, embroider something to match the fabric trim. My nieces love them.