Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Buying online (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buying-online-t136539.html)

luvrazz 07-11-2011 08:00 AM

I like LQS and online shopping. A couple of times I have run out of a fabric and have the fabric designer and line from the selvedge, just google it and WALA found it online. A lot easier and faster than driving around to LQS and most likely not finding it.
Love online shopping and paying bills...

Mariah 07-11-2011 08:23 AM

Thanks for all of the websites I wasn't familiar with.
If you want swatches to see and feel fabric, SewSpider.com is a great site. Her swatches are a great size.
She also has a sale on Sat. aft... SuperSaturday or something like that. Good buys!
She is so helpful on picking out and giving you clearance if that is what you want. I live off of Clearance!!
Mariah

virgwid 07-11-2011 08:33 AM

[quote=BigDog]I order everything I possibly can online, from bed sheets to fabric to kitchen appliances. I would buy gas and groceries online if I could. Especially if I could save money.

Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!!

draggin_behind 07-11-2011 09:24 AM

Mom is looking for some panels for charity quilts. May I ask the website for your fab find?

Our little quilting group has a goal to finish 125 lap quilts for the wheelchair patients at an area nursing home by mid-December, and that's a lot for just a few of us, but it should be a wonderful experience and opportunity to practice (and not have to be reminded of our lack of workmanship, at least in my part! :lol: ).

draggin_behind 07-11-2011 09:27 AM

Sorry, aftermath of Imitrex has a brain freeze. Last post was directed at BettyGee. Her find sounds great! Now watch all of us make a beeline for the website. :lol:

Iamquilter 07-11-2011 09:41 AM

I ordered two kits from Connecting Threads, same kit because I liked it and wanted it for baby quilts. I made two quilts from the first kit and have enought now from the second kit , so I got four quilts for the price of two. Good Deal and it was very nice fabric.

quiltsRfun 07-11-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by draggin_behind
When I lived in the Sact'o area of California, I could mail a letter to my folks back in Alabama and it took two days for them to get the letter. They could mail one to me and it took 5 days or more. Never did figure out the difference.

Same with my folks. They don't have a post office in town that sorts their mail. So it's sent about 50 miles up the road to be sorted before it actually gets mailed.

I do lots of mail order shopping and have been pleased with all my purchases so far. Course I rely heavily on recommendations like yours to choose where to shop online.

kwiltnutt 07-11-2011 09:45 AM

I live on an island and have to take a ferry to shop so I rely heavily on online buying. Works for me!

grannypat7925 07-11-2011 12:18 PM

It is always good to hear the positive experiences of ordering online. It helps the rest of us.

Jennifer22206 07-11-2011 12:44 PM

I buy a lot online. I don't like the attitude of the one LQS near me, and I find that there's a much better selection of fabric online than in the shops here.