Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cameras? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cameras-t227512.html)

ptquilts 08-08-2013 12:30 PM

I have had a Vivitar for about 9 years. Bought it for $80 at Walmart. It finally quit. I bought another one for $40 from a third party seller on Amazon, it was brand new. I figured I was used to it and the price was right. Vivicam 3710, don't think they make them any more. I was looking at a Canon Elph also.

mighty 08-08-2013 01:01 PM

I have a Sony but I still am not able to take very good pics

Stitchnripper 08-08-2013 01:04 PM

I have a Cascio which takes good pictures, but I don't use it anymore. Instead, use my iPhone 5 which takes good enough pictures for me.

ghostrider 08-08-2013 01:14 PM

My current Kodak EasyShare (circa 2004) has 3.2 megapixels, 16 MB storage, and a 3X optical zoom, but I'm saving up my Staples rewards for a Nikon CoolPix S3500. It has 20.1 megapixels, 64MB internal storage, 7X optical zoom, and much more...everything I need for now and a long time to come. I'll have it by the end of the month at less than half price, and I can't wait!! Now if I can only decide what color to get.... :)

laurafet 08-08-2013 02:21 PM

Nikon Coolpix is very good. Several models are now less than $100 depending on pixel count.

nanacc 08-08-2013 09:34 PM

My DH gave my DD and I each a Kodak M1033 (10 mp). One of his favorite phrases is: "I got you one that is idiot-proof!" Said with love, of course! lol I do prove him wrong sometimes, though! But this one has been very good and I just plug it in and download.

omaluvs2quilt 08-08-2013 11:20 PM

When you look at the specs, make sure you look at the color rating, some are truer, and some enhance them, thus making them different than what you see. I have the Cannon Powershot 230hs with 14x optical and 56x digital zoom. Works for everything from quilts to taking on vacation and its small & easy.

donna13350 08-08-2013 11:42 PM

Most cameras now will take a very good picture, and most cell phones for that matter! Cameras have come a long, long way. I just upgraded to a semi professional camera, and love it..but honestly, if I were just taking quilt pics, I'd go for a good name brand point and shoot...kodack, olympus, nikon...sure i'm forgetting some..but they will all take a very good pic..if you just want it for the occasional family pic and quilts..don't stress yourself out too much..they all will take great pics.

WTxRed 08-09-2013 03:11 AM

I have 2 camera's - a Canon and a Nikon. However, I use my phone - Samsung S3.
It's camera has 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, antishake, led flash, etc. I also take a lot of sunrise/sunset pics with it and they are much better, imho, than the camera camera.
One note on quilt pics - I think it makes a HUGE difference to use natural light.
Good luck.
[TABLE]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: ttl"][/TD]
[TD="class: nfo"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

CarolynMT 08-09-2013 03:36 AM

I use my camera phone for simple shots. But I have a Canon Powershot SX10 is. This camera adjusts for the light and has a great image stabilizer (cause I am not the best photographer) I have taken some great shots with it, even printed several off and framed them. I picked the canon over the nikon because the canon takes AA batteries and figured if I was ever out and about and ran out of battery, I can always pick up more just about anywhere. It was a bit pricey, and is a big camera. However I love the shots I take with it. It will last me a good long time which is what I was going for when I selected it.