Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can't get my motivation back (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cant-get-my-motivation-back-t222327.html)

hperttula123 05-27-2013 10:15 AM

yes, I am just getting out of that funk. I'm making myself sew today. I've only made one small quilt top in the last two months. I have about a month to get a quilt done and I've just started ironing and cutting the fabrics today.

LadyElisabeth 05-27-2013 10:34 AM

I agree, we all go through this at sometime. Maybe read a lot of quiting magazine, or keep looking up quilting web sites for inspiration

nanacc 05-27-2013 11:01 AM

I can relate! Had all kinds of projects going...mostly scrappy quilts and hot pads....got side tracked! Had to shop for supplies and flowers to make my wreaths for Memorial Day. Got them done, finally. Now can't get my 'momentum' back!

joanieowen 05-27-2013 11:34 AM

That's so good to hear that cleaning the house get you motivated to get back to the sewing machine. I've been in a sewing slump but cleaned real good today. Hopefully the machine will be humming away tomorrow.

T-Anne 05-30-2013 06:21 AM

I was having this same issue and then...our son who is at college and was suppose to be attending summer school called and said he is coming home. The issue with this is that I was in the middle of making him a quilt for Christmas so I was using his queen size bed in his bedroom to lay it out on it and of course there were little strings everywhere!
So, with this in mind I quickly thought I best stop delaying and get it done.

Fast forward a week...I have finished the quilt and it is even in the box and wrapped in Christmas paper and he called and says "changed my mind". lol

At least I am done with that project. And I am over my slump. Working on the next one now (quilt, not slump). And just finished a baby quilt for one of my daughters friends.

carolaug 06-23-2013 03:08 AM

I am in a total slump...having frozen shoulder issue but it is feeling better. I have been in and out of my sewing room..I have tons of fabric but can't get into figuring out what to do and everything just doesn't seem right. I have also been cutting up tons of shapes. Thought that would help...NOT...My son go to the flea market every Sunday in the mornings so I handed home a bunch of cut up charm pieces...if he sells them I will cut him up more. I think the scraps are getting overwhelming...I need to clean the sewing room. Maybe that will help. I did sew a nice long pillow for my sewing room. At least I got something done. I even tried to do a postage stamp runner...nothing looked right...not even a scrappy runner...aurgh...hope this passes..I have way to much fabric to stop now.

DOTTYMO 06-23-2013 12:28 PM

At present I just don't want to use my machine so I have been hand applique and piecing small units . This is not me but it has done a great deal to improve movement in my hands and wrist.