Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   CHICKENS!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/chickens-t11399.html)

k3n 04-08-2009 07:10 AM

tee hee!!! No, but I really like doing the one for butterflywing and I've got the little device for making bias and some black fabric left over, it's not THAT hard, I KNOW you could do it, Terri!!!

K x

tlrnhi 04-08-2009 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
tee hee!!! No, but I really like doing the one for butterflywing and I've got the little device for making bias and some black fabric left over, it's not THAT hard, I KNOW you could do it, Terri!!!

K x

Oh, like you think I'm going to say I'll make one? Nope! Got myself into doing this chicken quilt. Silly me! WHAT WAS I THINKING?? lol

k3n 04-08-2009 07:46 AM

Not even sure I'll do it to be honest - might just do regular appliqué - been looking at rooster patterns and can't really find a good one for stained glass.

K x

sandpat 04-08-2009 04:12 PM

Oh no....not fair trying to make this a competion.....you know I can't possibly outdo anyone!!!! And I haven't even started to decide which will be my 1st block!!!EEEEKKKKKK!!! Am I behind already???

tlrnhi 04-08-2009 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh no....not fair trying to make this a competion.....you know I can't possibly outdo anyone!!!! And I haven't even started to decide which will be my 1st block!!!EEEEKKKKKK!!! Am I behind already???

No, you are ahead of me. I haven't decided yet. lol

k3n 04-08-2009 11:04 PM

Don't worry Patti, it's not a competition - perish the thought! :D

I finally found a rooster I like on stained glass - Hans has photocopied him for me bigger in black and white so I'm going to try and turn him into stained glass but don't hold your breath! :wink:

K x

sandpat 04-09-2009 03:58 AM

Well, I can't wait to see him, I just know he'll be beautimous and probably very "cocky" :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry...just couldn't help myself!)

Mousie 04-09-2009 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I went to Ben Franklin's today. Found 3 pieces of fabric with chickens/roosters on it. ALL they had!

So, now, let's get details going on this, huh???

Terri, you are just about covered in chicken fabric - get crackin' girl!!! :D

I think I'll start with an appliqué rooster as a centre piece and go from there - might do him stained glass, not sure yet. But at least an idea is starting to ferment! :D

K x

Sorry, k, to pick on the differences in 'phrases', depending on where you live...love it, though :P ,...if I wait till an idea, 'ferments'...it means it's rotten!...thinking you like a little wine, maybe fermented ideas are just about - ripe there (right there), for you, LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

k3n 04-09-2009 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I went to Ben Franklin's today. Found 3 pieces of fabric with chickens/roosters on it. ALL they had!

So, now, let's get details going on this, huh???

Terri, you are just about covered in chicken fabric - get crackin' girl!!! :D

I think I'll start with an appliqué rooster as a centre piece and go from there - might do him stained glass, not sure yet. But at least an idea is starting to ferment! :D

K x

Sorry, k, to pick on the differences in 'phrases', depending on where you live...love it, though :P ,...if I wait till an idea, 'ferments'...it means it's rotten!...thinking you like a little wine, maybe fermented ideas are just about - ripe there (right there), for you, LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Patti - cocky is kind of proud, right? Or are you being RUUUUDDDDEEE!!! I think the double entendre is the same in the US as the UK?! :wink:

Hey Big Ears - about fermenting - while I was on a tour of a French vineyard, the owner said that grapevines are no good until they're at least 40 years old - like a woman...! :wink: Yup, everything they say about the French is true - wine, women and song tra la! :D

K x

k3n 04-09-2009 11:09 AM

just googled chicken quilts and found this http://www.webshots.com/search?query=Chicken+Quilt

194 pics of chicken quilts! Good ideas and inspiration - there's one quilted in a chicken wire pattern - cooooollll!!! :D

K x