Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Closing my local Joann's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/closing-my-local-joanns-t26335.html)

needler 10-07-2009 09:59 PM

We just got a brand new Walmart. No fabric at all. A teeny bit of crafting stuff. Just a very few sewing notions. Very unhappy with our Walmart. The next closest Walmart was remodeled this summer and they took out all the fabric there. I was talking to a clerk in the next Walmart from there and she told me that as stores get remodeled or built, fabric won't be in any of them. :cry: I have more yarn in my stash than the whole Walmart by me has! Not a happy camper.

carol τΏτ

dglvr 10-08-2009 02:46 AM

I'm with you on the Walmarts. Running everyone out around them including fabric stores then they quit selling it. I did notice prices go up at Joanns when Walmart bailed but I still do alot of shopping at Joanns.
I live by Spokane Washington and there are 3 Joanns there. I hope they don't close. With Walmart bailing on the fabric Joanns should stay in business.
I'm unclear about the Joanns though, are they all closing?

pegquilter8 10-08-2009 04:52 AM

Sorry you must shop for fabrics at Joanns and walmart. Please locate some LQS and go support them so they too will Not have to close.

thismomquilts 10-08-2009 04:55 AM

We just had a brand new Joann's open about 10 miles closer than the other - the service is not all that great - some of the people are nice and friendly - but SLOW!! And, yes, the prices at Joann's skyrocketed the more WM's closed their fabric dept/s. Nowadays our LQS has less expensive fabric some days than does Joanns - - I shop there more often because of it.

BellaBoo 10-08-2009 05:58 AM

The only JoAnn's close to me and it's an hour away, has very little quilting notions. The fabric is way overpriced for what it is. I seldom go there. I find much better quality online. I don't care much for mom and pop stores, they never have a good variety, afraid the new stuff won't sell so they stick with the same old inventory.

dglvr 10-08-2009 07:28 PM

I do not need to shop at Walmart and Joanns but I do alot of Wallhangers and tablerunners and don't mind using less expensive fabrics for those beings they won't be washed as much. Trust me I do support alot of LQS. I actually live in the middle of nowhere and I'm probably the best supporter of our 1 and only quilt store here. When I get to bigger towns I shop alot at LQS. I also do alot of online shopping. I'm a supporter of all.
I recently left the working world and am disabled so I support where I can.

dglvr 10-09-2009 02:49 AM

Pegquilter8

Originally Posted by dglvr
I do not need to shop at Walmart and Joanns but I do alot of Wallhangers and tablerunners and don't mind using less expensive fabrics for those beings they won't be washed as much. Trust me I do support alot of LQS. I actually live in the middle of nowhere and I'm probably the best supporter of our 1 and only quilt store here. When I get to bigger towns I shop alot at LQS. I also do alot of online shopping. I'm a supporter of all.
I recently left the working world and am disabled so I support where I can.