Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   COLD FEET (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cold-feet-t127634.html)

garysgal 06-03-2011 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy

Originally Posted by cizzors
Sorry, but if there is the slightest doubt or feelings of guilt, I would wait.

ditto, you should be totally confident with your purchase or else wait until it does feel right

I agree with both of these replys. It would be very hard to return it (if possible) if it doesn't work out for you.

Sandra in Minnesota 06-03-2011 11:47 AM

Is it like cutting into that first piece of expensive fabric?? I'm sure you will love it and get over it.

kittiebug 06-03-2011 11:50 AM

You will love it promise,promise,promise. I did have a place
to go and test it out.But the best is to do it your self.that way you will longarm your way, not trying to do it like someone else. Just play and enjoy it.

charlotte625 06-03-2011 11:57 AM

I haven't used a longarm Yet..but what are the easiest to use .......some look so scarey.
name me some names you all like ...Thanks

penski 06-03-2011 01:06 PM

ohhhhhh i think you are going to LOVE it !!!

clsurz 06-03-2011 01:08 PM

We have at least 4 ladies that I know of in our area that has a longarm and they all seem to love it. One lady invested in it to run a business, and the other three just because they wanted one and that was that and they do use it and love it.

sklayne 06-03-2011 01:21 PM

I have a Nolting & I love it. I have never had any problems with it. I was like you with doubts, but so glad I got my Nolting. I tried several different brands at a guilt show & decided on my Nolting because of the simplicity. You really don't need a lot of bells & whistles. And they are easy to maneuver. Not as heavy as some.
Hope this helps & enjoy your new machine.

GailG 06-03-2011 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by calano1
My DH bought mine 2 weeks ago as an early birthday present - and even though I feel a little guilty about the total cost of it all, I am not sorry he did it.
And when he told me I deserve it for growing old with him ... I ♥love♥ him all the more for it! :)

If you have decided which one you want, go for it.
I am sure you deserve it, too!! :thumbup:

Awww! What a sweety.

katcox 06-03-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by cizzors
Sorry, but if there is the slightest doubt or feelings of guilt, I would wait.

I thought of getting one ,then my friend got hers,Now I'm glad I didn't , It was a bit much for me to handle once I took the class. I didn't realize the strain on neck shoulders and back.Yup I'm a sissy, But she too now also has a computer attached to hers so it does the work. She just does the programming.
Just another thought.

happymrs 06-03-2011 02:52 PM

Reading more posts here, & now I see you haven't bought one yet. Kind of hard to try them out with none around to do so on. If it's any consolation, I had never machine quilted on a frame before I got mine. The biggest thing for me to get use to, & realize, was, on a frame, you move your machine, not your fabric. I had no trouble with mine, just getting the thread to work right, tension & so on. Did a practice quilt piece first, & that really helped too. I think, even if you don't have one to play on first, if you really want one, you will love it! Also, you may want a less costly one at first, think about that too. You can always upgrade later, should the need arise, & if you can afford that. My setup was not high end, but it's all I want & works for me. So keep looking, & thinking, before you buy. But, if you love to quilt, I'm sure you will love having a frame to quilt on. It makes all the difference in the world!...