Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Join Me for Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 6/24 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-join-me-virtual-quilt-day-sunday-6-24-a-t192263.html)

burchquilts 06-20-2012 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Atomicdog (Post 5304194)
How fun!!! I'm in! No pic's - no clue how to do that, but I'll be excited to sew with everyone! Now, are we having snacks? I'll throw in some cookies - who's got the lemonade?

Cindy

Are we having snacks? Are you kidding! Snacks, snacks & more snacks! When we have these quilting days, I treat myself to some yummy take out... yay! What could be better? Fabric, sewing, good friends, food... now if it just wasn't going be hot as heck this weekend...

Mrs B 06-21-2012 03:04 AM

Hey Rebecca... quantum physics???? I can't even work out if you Americans are ahead of us Aussies or behind LOL.:D
Every time I get it worked out someone starts daylight saving or stops daylight saving. Makes a heck of a difference when I get the QB email.
Cindy I'll have some cookies but no lemonaide Much too cold here. We are expecting a cold, wet and stormy weekend. Yay just the thing for a weekend inside sewing! I'll make a pot of hot coffee to share and some chocolate biscuits timtams even!!!!;)

himnherr 06-21-2012 03:36 AM

My last VQD didn't turn out like I had hoped so I marked this one on my calendar and have been looking forward to it ever since! I told my husband, and continued to remind him Lol!, that I am busy all day Sunday so don't plan on me being available. :-) I'll be working on my log cabin camper quilt. I should make lots of progress on it Sunday. Yahoo! Umm... I don't know about showing pictures of my sewing area, though, since I share it with our spare bedroom- until DH gets the bed made into a murphy bed, as planned 1 1/2 years ago- it'll stay a mess. Oh well- a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. See ya Sunday! Thanks, Rachel, for getting it together for us!

SewExtremeSeams 06-21-2012 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs B (Post 5304944)
Hey Rebecca... quantum physics???? I can't even work out if you Americans are ahead of us Aussies or behind LOL.:D
Every time I get it worked out someone starts daylight saving or stops daylight saving. Makes a heck of a difference when I get the QB email.

I'll make a pot of hot coffee to share and some chocolate biscuits timtams even!!!!;)

:D :D :D ...just sew on your Sunday! It would confuse me too.

Please share what timtams are. My guess is a cookie but the chocolate has my attention for sure! I love it that we can share our different cultures on this board.

Trene 06-21-2012 04:32 AM

I will be there! I just finished hand quilting a baby quilt (started in the second trimester, the little girl is now 4 months old!) and need to bind it. This is the push I need to get it done before she grduates.

tea

Sunnie 06-21-2012 05:00 AM

I hope to be there and am really lloking forward to seeing some of your sewing spaces.

athenagwis 06-21-2012 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Trene (Post 5305151)
I will be there! I just finished hand quilting a baby quilt (started in the second trimester, the little girl is now 4 months old!) and need to bind it. This is the push I need to get it done before she grduates.

tea

Haha that only gives you 18 years to finish?? Hope you can do it!! :) :)

Rachel

gramajo 06-22-2012 11:24 AM

I'll be there. It's the last day of my vacation & I intend to do what I want to do, not what needs to be done. I'll be working on my Silhouettes quilt, but won't be able to post any pictures. I'm working on a borrowed computer now; I'm just glad I'm able to get online after not being able to for a week. :) I was having withdrawals.

Atomicdog 06-22-2012 03:33 PM

Gotta run to the quilt shop and get some fabric for one of my projects - I'm think this will be great! I've got the cookies ready, going to opt for Diet Pepsi - got to eat away the calories of the cookies, thus the diet drink ;) and I think on the way home from the fabric shop, I'll grab some Klondike bars (hey - it's going to be upper 90's - got to be prepared!!) Looking forward to "talking" to everyone on Sunday!

Pat625 06-22-2012 05:19 PM

The coffee sounds good!! Or I can bring the sweet tea!! My quilting space doesn't need a full pic!! It's squeezed into the corner of my bedroom ...Will be spending tomorrow planning...I just finished a quilt for one grandson today and will probably begin cutting the next grandson's quilt tomorrow to piece on Sunday- 5 grandkids done and 8 to go!!.. I have a bunch of purses to work on too....Of course between now and then I may change my mind!! See everyone Sunday!!