Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Quilt with me Today - 7/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-quilt-me-today-7-15-a-t194678.html)

ube quilting 07-15-2012 10:54 AM

Logging out for now. very bad thunderstorm headed my way. Want to say after looking at everyones work, I am so happy to be here. Wonderful stuff from everybody. Inspired. By for now.
peace to all

auntpiggylpn 07-15-2012 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Updating! I have 60 of my biscuit blocks done. My goal was 50! I'm going to keep on to see if I can finish the last 40 before it is time to go get the dogs' pictures taken! I had to stop for a bit as had to shear the sheep (meaning had to use the furminator on our 2 large furry dogs) and had to bathe our Pom. Everybody is looking good and ready to get their picture taken about 6 pm tonite!

nellybelle 07-15-2012 11:44 AM

Well, I have the 3rd braid done. Came downstairs to get refill of CL. Got sidetracked on puter, hadn't done the jigsaw puzzle yet, so I did that. Headed upstairs to start on #4 braid.

IrishNY 07-15-2012 12:01 PM

Making progress slowly. I have too many other things that I need to get done today and I keep wandering away from my sewing. But I do have all of the HSTs squared up so they can be sewn into blocks. Thought I would never get that done - there are 280 of them. I have 21 blocks sewn together and 4 rows sewn (of 7) so I am more than halfway. I won't be happy unless I finish the top and I am not sure that's going to happen today. lol

I am impressed at how much some of you are getting done.

Back to the sewing machine...

AshleyR 07-15-2012 12:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Update: finished quilting the throw. My machine sounds funny :(

leatheflea 07-15-2012 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
*UPDATE* Making some progress now! Things always look different in the pictures....hummm....well we might have to add and take away and move a few things around before sewing these rows together. Now to get the applique ready....yep APPLIQUE! I'm a new applique lover!

cwessel47 07-15-2012 12:18 PM

I am here. I had company from out of state last night/ this morning so it's taken me awhile to decide if I had the energy today. And I do..
I saw a post on the board last week about how swoon blocks were all the rage. Did my research, drew out the pattern, picked the fabrics and cut them out. I am now sewing them together and you WILL see the block completed tonight. When I participated in May I wanted to machine piece the curves of my Wedding Ring mini. Trust me - it didn't work. So I have been hand piecing and should be able to get the third row on this evening - after the swoon block.
Then I will post pictures.
I hope you all are making the best of a wonderful quilting day!

kathdavis 07-15-2012 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea (Post 5367272)
*UPDATE* Making some progress now! Things always look different in the pictures....hummm....well we might have to add and take away and move a few things around before sewing these rows together. Now to get the applique ready....yep APPLIQUE! I'm a new applique lover!

Too cute! Love the fabric. Can't wait to see the applique. I love applique.

kathdavis 07-15-2012 12:41 PM

UPDATE: Got my 7" blocks cut and my fabric wrapped. Now I have company, so had to stop for a while.

auntpiggylpn 07-15-2012 12:50 PM

Update: Okay, I got 90 of my Biscuit blocks done. But, alas, I must go for now :( Gotta get the dogs to the park for their pictures and then I have to study for my Sociology midterm which is tomorrow! I will sneak a peek later and see how everyone is doing! Thanks, it's been lots of fun today!!!!