Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-virtually-quilt-me-today-5-20-a-t189476.html)

Pat625 05-20-2012 12:46 PM

I love the stitching in the blue quilt..Was this done by hand or machine?? I want to do a wedding ring one day, but first have to learn to paper piece I guess.. Nice work!! Now break is over and back to work for me!!

Originally Posted by cwessel47 (Post 5230426)
I didn't know if I would be able to join you all today as there were many things on my plate already. I asked my neighbor to help me get my lawn mower running - and he mowed the lawn for me instead! That was way easier than I expected. So here is what I am working on.
- Little quilt that reminds me of the ocean. I need to quilt the border and had to work out a plan. Done! Well, the drawing part anyway.
- and.... I decided to make a mini double wedding ring. I don't do curves. Decided to try it anyway. These are kinda little (4 rings across and down will finish out to about 18"). I've challenged myself to machine piece it and we'll see how that goes :)

mdall 05-20-2012 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
tissue holders done. first attempt at making these and ties are a little off center but thats okay, it adds character. now off to complete goal #3, dinner then onto binding my nyb. love everything everyone has done so far.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336659[/ATTACH]

mcdaniel023 05-20-2012 01:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
DH's wallhanging is done. Today was a good day for easy. I am starting a tablerunner now.

ube quilting 05-20-2012 01:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 5229806)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336552[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]336550[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]336551[/ATTACH]Here's how far the teapots are.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]336673[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]336674[/ATTACH]Teapot quilted and waiting for binding!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336671[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 05-20-2012 01:11 PM

Great teapots!! I just did some tree tops and worked some on a mystery quilt that I have been doing as leaders and enders and now I am quitting for today but I will keep checking in to see how everyone is doing. And thanks for the suggestions for my tendrils. Think I will try to do that when I quilt it.

meanmom 05-20-2012 01:11 PM

So much done by everyone. I layered the baby quilt. Still not in the mood to FMQ, so not working on that. I am working on my 50 paper pieced stars blocks. I thought I was 4 behind, nope I am 7 behind. I have one half way finished. I have done 5 loads of laundry, straightened up the living room. Planted flowers and ran to the store. I made a pie, strawberries, blackberries, blue berries and rhubarb. Now I am on break making dinner. I decided I needed to grill steaks. It is a steak kind of day. Grilling steaks, baked potatoes and broccoli.

happyquiltmom 05-20-2012 01:15 PM

I'm just joining in! Church this morning, lunch with oldest DD, home for a long nap. (didn't sleep well at all last night!)

My goal is to get 12 covered buttons made and sewed onto a small wall hanging. I won't be able to post a photo because the camera is on an airplane somewhere between Nairobi and London. DH is on his way home from a pastor's conference he conducted in Kenya this week.

PokerDiva 05-20-2012 01:16 PM

I can see why you are behind on your stars. Good Grief. But I will forgive you if you just invite me to dinner. Sounds absolutely yummy.

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 5230494)
So much done by everyone. I layered the baby quilt. Still not in the mood to FMQ, so not working on that. I am working on my 50 paper pieced stars blocks. I thought I was 4 behind, nope I am 7 behind. I have one half way finished. I have done 5 loads of laundry, straightened up the living room. Planted flowers and ran to the store. I made a pie, strawberries, blackberries, blue berries and rhubarb. Now I am on break making dinner. I decided I needed to grill steaks. It is a steak kind of day. Grilling steaks, baked potatoes and broccoli.

ube quilting 05-20-2012 01:19 PM

Well it has been a good day of quilting. Sad part is having to end. Loved everyones work today and look forward to seeing finished work. So long for now.
peace

Raggiemom 05-20-2012 01:47 PM

I started working on sewing machine caddy-Christmas present for my mother but the sewing room is getting too warm for my liking so guess I'll stop for the night and do some other stuff. I've really enjoyed today.