Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Confusion with Warm Wishes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/confusion-warm-wishes-t195399.html)

GrannieAnnie 07-23-2012 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by dd (Post 5386781)
Guess I did mine wrong. All my strips are the same width. doesn't look bad but I can see the frames in the purple quilt better. Love purple.

I didn't buy the pattern, just copied it the best I could. The center sort of neutral strip was a bit larger than the two outside framing strips---------so I usually allow about a inch more for the center strip as her pattern called for.

Neesie 07-23-2012 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 (Post 5386322)
Neesie,
What an awesome color combination. I love purple and I am loving your quilt. Thanks so much for sharing the picture of it with us. I love the warm wishes pattern, have done several of them myself.

Thanks, Myrna! Those fabrics are all from Hobby Lobby.

I really love the Warm Wishes pattern! So easy, yet looks as if it's much more trouble than it is. :thumbup: To top it all off, the pattern is FREE! Win/Win!!!

GrannieAnnie 07-23-2012 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5387197)
Thanks, Myrna! Those fabrics are all from Hobby Lobby.

I really love the Warm Wishes pattern! So easy, yet looks as if it's much more trouble than it is. :thumbup: To top it all off, the pattern is FREE! Win/Win!!!

The Warm Wishes is quite impressive, yet ultra simple. And quick

Latrinka 07-24-2012 04:54 AM

It's because of the seam allowances. I've made warm wishes with no pattern. I just decided on width of strips, sewed them together, then cut my focal blocks the same size as the width of the strips already sewn together.

GABBYABBY 07-24-2012 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chicca (Post 5385829)
You just made me laugh, thats a good one. Plus, you are right we all are allowed to have those moments. Actually, some days, I have several an hour. LOL

That remark is sooooo true in my life!!! ha ha ha I am having more of those days than not.

Slow2Sew 07-24-2012 06:13 AM

Warm Wishes

Hope the pic comes through of a Warm Wishes throw I made for a 13 year old cancer patient. He loves being outdoors with his dad and the focus fabric has pictures of deer. I found this fabric at Wal-Mart after shopping several places. Warm Wishes is usually my to-to pattern when I need something quick that looks more complicated than it really is. :-D

redtweety 07-24-2012 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Maureen (Post 5386212)
I never heard of Warm Wishes, somebody post one please?

I love it. just right amount of purple

quilting in my60s 07-24-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by redtweety (Post 5390153)
I love it. just right amount of purple

I just "googled" warm wishes free pattern and got the one from Nov/Dec 2003 Quiltmaker magazine. I believe it was used as a Linus project???

Monroe 07-24-2012 07:17 AM

I like look of the rail blocks when the center strip is a bit wider than the outer 2 strips. The suggestion to make the rail block first, then cut the focus block to match is brilliant. Mary Ellen Hopkins and her PPM (personal private measurement) advocacy made quilting less stressful and more fun for many folks. A great pattern for all occasions.

Evelyn 07-24-2012 12:09 PM

Whenever I teach Warm Wishes or a similiar pattern that requires pieced strips- I suggest that they be made first. Then measure the height and cut the width accordingly. Then cut the focus fabric. Sometimes there is a slight difference because of the seam allowances taken.