Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-fabric-t59849.html)

CrazyAunt 08-19-2010 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
they are a great on-line source for fabrics, threads and notions. they have good sales, very reasonable fabric prices and Great customer service! i would not hesitate ordering from them...in fact, placed an order with them just this morning.

I agree with all the above except I placed an order with them yesterday.

Cyn 08-19-2010 01:53 PM

I order from them quite a bit and have been very happy with everything I have received.

purplefiend 08-19-2010 02:09 PM

Connecting Threads fabrics are much cheaper because its made entirely in USA and they don't have to pay import
tariff taxes on it. They also grow the cotton in USA.
The fabric is very good quality. I have been using their threads for years and have bought a couple of kits and was
very pleased.

cooper 08-19-2010 03:26 PM

see the thread topic connecting threads

Ruby Y Campos 08-19-2010 03:48 PM

I have purchased a crib sized quilt and am very pleased with the quality. I would be interested in trying their line of thread. Friends from my quilting group have used it and use it all the time now. Have any of you tried their thread?

Lisa Marie 08-19-2010 03:55 PM

After reading everyone's thoughts I placed an order yesterday. Bought a kit and couple of other things. Can't wait to get the package.

I like having a local quilt shop to go to when I need something right away. Plus they offer classes and assistance all is priceless.

There are so many fabric and thread companies out there. It gets confusing because when I go to the LQS they preach buy only this brand.

Does any one have and guide lines or rules they live by when it comes to purchasing fabric and thread?

Judie 08-19-2010 04:07 PM

I have ordered and used their thread for a couple of years.. It is great cotton thread.. never has a knot.. not much lint.. beautiful smooth thread.. I'll keep ordering from them.. I've had great customer service.

I only used a bit of their fabric.. what I got was fine. I liked it and it seemed very nice to me.

Quilter Day-by-Day 08-19-2010 04:12 PM

I just ordered the catalog and checked out the website needless to say I am very excited to get the catalog and probably will be ordering from them I was inpressed with the prices.

cooper 08-19-2010 05:17 PM

i use thier thread as well in all of my machines

zaza 08-19-2010 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa Marie
Has anyone purchased any of their kits and/or made something using their material? I am thinking about buying one of their kits and was wondering what others thought about their material. Lisa

I bought a horse kit. It was beautiful in the picture, when I finished sewing it and showed it to my friends, they couldn't tell it was a horse head till I told them what it was. The fabric in the kit was very different from the picture. BE CAREFUL. Sophie