Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads - order in process (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-order-process-t200737.html)

nygal 09-17-2012 09:08 AM

I love Connecting Threads...I just wish they'd get some different fabrics such as cabbage roses etc. Or more like Kaffee Fassett....that they'd branch out even more than they have.

BellaBoo 09-17-2012 09:32 AM

When a new catalog comes out they are swamped. I order all the new fabric lines in the sampler bundle. This way I know which if any I want yardage of. I really like their batik line. It's gorgeous. The laminate cotton is the lowest price I've seen. Their flannel is the best. I order a lot of quilt kits from Connecting Threads. The fabric included is very generous. I usually order at least once a month from them. Something is always on sale.

Jingle 09-17-2012 09:46 AM

I have ordered from them several times and am glad how little time it takes to get the order.

Connie in CO 09-17-2012 11:03 AM

There's a Table Topper I'm thinking about getting,it's on page 5.

HouseDragon 09-17-2012 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by liont (Post 5521176)
Ladies, when you say 10 days, it is 10 days to get to your doorstep, or 10 days just to give you a tracking number?

MTS, I have a street address in Miami. We have a mail forwarding contract and they charge by the gram:shock:

Do you know anyone in the US that could receive your future orders from Connecting Threads and send them to you using a Flat-Rate-Box? The international charge is quite low compared to paying by the gram!!!!!! :shock:

You might even see if Connecting Threads could do the same.

HTH.

liont 09-17-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by HouseDragon (Post 5521756)
Do you know anyone in the US that could receive your future orders from Connecting Threads and send them to you using a Flat-Rate-Box? The international charge is quite low compared to paying by the gram!!!!!! :shock:

HTH.

I know it is unimaginable. I had a hard time when I realized I do not have a mailbox here.
When we just arrived, we went apartment hunting. Looking around for the familiar mailboxes, I asked the agent, so where do we collect our mail? The agent gave me a strange look and told me that there is no mail service here. No mail delivery service.

They do have a rudimentary mail system. If you want to receive mail, you have to go to the post office to open a PO box. But things do get lost a lot. My husband has one of those PO boxes for his office. To illustrate how "efficient" the system is : I ordered 2 books from US, one reached me after 3 months, one never came. (We are only 2 hours by flight to Miami.)

So, even if someone were to send me a flat rate box to the PO box, I won't want to risk losing it in the system. I'd rather pay more and send it through the private mail forwarding service. I collect my packages at their office in the mall.

Sorry, I ranted too much. So sisters, do appreciate what you have in US. Don't ever take the mail service for granted:(

MTS 09-17-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by HouseDragon (Post 5521756)

HTH.

Connecting Threads does NOT ship outside of the US and Canada.
You can use a foreign credit card to pay but it must be shipped to US/Canadian address.

For whatever reason, they've decided they don't want the hassle.
They just started including Canada a couple/few years ago.

frustratedquilter40 09-17-2012 01:25 PM

I placed and order and they say it shipped on 9/ 12 and I live outside of Portland Oregon. I have ordered from them before they say shipping takes 5-14 days . They are not supper fast but my order allways shows up within the time frame. :)

0tis 09-17-2012 01:34 PM

I have ordered a couple of times from Connecting Threads - it seem I would get it about a week - I made my first order with Hancocks of Paducah - it took 12 days before they sent the order - I was surprised that such a big outfit doesn't have a system in place to get the orders out quick - I just received the fabric today and ordered it on 8/30 - I am glad I didn't pay for any kind of express shipping.

liont 09-17-2012 01:51 PM

When I was in Alabama, fabric.com is always super duper fast. Expectedly so, because their warehouse is in Atlanta area.