Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   David Went- check this out!!June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler= Perfect strips!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/david-went-check-out-june-tailor-shape-cut-ruler%3D-perfect-strips-t104132.html)

jljack 03-02-2011 09:41 AM

I just got one of those on eBay at a really cheap price. I haven't used it yet, but will be cutting some new strips soon and will try it out then!!

shopaholic97 03-02-2011 10:06 AM

I have had this ruler for years & I love it when I am cutting a lot of strips

Grandma Peg 03-02-2011 10:56 AM

It's going to be a beautiful quilt. Will look forward to the pictures.

Pinkiris 03-02-2011 11:19 AM

Sue--

Looking at your fabrics is like a breath of spring up here in the "frozen tundra". Thanks for sharing them.

I agree that the shape cut ruler is the ONLY way to cut strips. Love it!

Sue

emt2004 03-02-2011 11:22 AM

I have one just love it. Your florals are beautiful, can't wait to see it finished.....Michele

malega 03-02-2011 11:23 AM

I just love your fabrics, they look so very beautiful.
I have one of those rulers,cant do with out it.

KathyKat 03-02-2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Wow, friends, this ruler is awesome!! I am FINALLY starting my floral log cabin ala Karla and now Deb.
I've been collecting florals for several months and have some nice fabric to work with.
I bought the ruler at Joanne's w/ a coupon but actually forgot about it. Does that tell you the condition of my sewing room??? hehehe
Anyway, I'm off and running with strips! It also has many other shapes you can cut and is very affordable!!
Hugs to all, Sue :D

I have this one and the Quarter cut one. I really love them. It helps so much with accuracy and saves loads of time.

bammy1 03-02-2011 01:07 PM

I have one and I love it. Hadn't heard of one until someone on this quilting board mentioned it. Had a coupon, but it was 50% off when I bought it without using the coupon! I just love great notions and tools.

Nolee 03-02-2011 01:19 PM

Imagine, I've had one given to me and never used it :(

dcamarote 03-02-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by dcamarote

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Wow, friends, this ruler is awesome!! I am FINALLY starting my floral log cabin ala Karla and now Deb.
I've been collecting florals for several months and have some nice fabric to work with.
I bought the ruler at Joanne's w/ a coupon but actually forgot about it. Does that tell you the condition of my sewing room??? hehehe
Anyway, I'm off and running with strips! It also has many other shapes you can cut and is very affordable!!
Hugs to all, Sue :D

Please someone out there help me. You are all raving about this ruler and I have no idea what it is??? Could someone please let me know what is called(what type of ruler) and why and what you do with it that is different from other rulers. I can't figure it out from the photo.
Thanks, Helpless in Garnet Valley, PA

I can't thank you enough. I watched the video and what a great idea. I never knew this ruler existed and now I am determined to have one. Without your sharing and everyone else's input, I would be older but not WISER! Thanks so much.
Diane - Clueless no longer