Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Death of an old friend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/death-old-friend-t144792.html)

frarose 08-13-2011 05:46 AM

So sorry.

Lacelady 08-13-2011 05:55 AM

Oh dear, you have worried me now, I have a 1260 about the same age as yours, and like you, I love her to bits. No problems with her so far other than the light switch. Light still works if I hold the switch in, but it won't stay in.

Rather than get it replaced, I bought a Bendy Light, which is much brighter, and she was good to go again.

IrishNY 08-13-2011 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
When are the services? Should we wear black or something quilty?

I'm not sure I can make the service but could someone let me know where to send flowers? ;)

Candace 08-13-2011 07:49 AM

So sorry to hear about your machine. But, do know there are many others out there that need parts. You could still recoup a good amount by selling the parts on ebay etc.

And are you absolutely certain it's the computer and not something else that would be cheaper to fix?

mpspeedy 08-13-2011 07:57 AM

Thanks for your condolonces. What really burns me is that I have probably $1500 tied up in special feet for the 1260 that would also fit a 1530. The newer machine has a self-threader which I loath and the feet will not fit it for that reason. I am going to ask my dealer if removing the self threading part would make it possible to use my old feet. I am sure the answer will be no but I have to try.
My serger also needs to see the doctor. I "calmly" went through the owners manuel and rethreaded it again and again. It still won't work right and breaks needles as well as thread. More $$$$.
Before I try and get my dealer to give me a little something for my foot wardrobe if any of you are interested in a special foot let me know and I will see if I have it. I do so hate "waste".

greenini 08-13-2011 11:28 AM

I am pretty sure you need the "new" feet for the 220, check ebay for prices on the 1260 feet, I am sure you will be able to sell them, maybe not get a full return, but at least not a total waste.

Sorry about your 1260, it's hard when an old friend has to be "put down".

quiltmouse 08-13-2011 11:37 AM

I will wear an arm band today. :(

annthreecats 08-13-2011 11:49 AM

So sorry to hear about your Bernina 1260.

I have a used Bernina 1530 that I am just starting to get to know. I hope we have many more happy years of sewing together.

cny_sewer39 08-13-2011 05:41 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

debra

hulahoop1 08-14-2011 09:59 AM

I had a Bernina 810 that passed away after 29 years of faithful service. I felt like I lost my best friend. When I went to replace her. I cried in the parking lot as the salesgirl put the new one in my car. She looked at me and wrapped me up in a hug. Made me feel a little stupid but better. Yet it still took me a month to unpack the new one. Now the new machine and I are pretty good friends.