Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did Walmart contract with Jo Ann's? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-walmart-contract-jo-anns-t193801.html)

BarbsCA 07-07-2012 10:33 AM

they need to do something! Last time I was there I used the phone and the service desk gal told me I better hang up the phone or I'd be in trouble LOL She never did send anyone I finally saw a WM clerk walk by and ask him if I could get some help-he did send someone and I finally got my fabrics cut but it might be my last time purchasing from them again! What a joke that department is now

BarbsCA

ghostrider 07-07-2012 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by marla (Post 5345842)
I do know that Hancock Fabrics and JoAnn are the same owners.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that is just plain NOT true.

Chasing Hawk 07-07-2012 11:13 AM

If no cutter is available, make a sign and point it at the camera.

One that says......."I NEED SOME ASSISTANCE IN THE FABRIC DEPT!!!! '' or "HURRY UP! SEND SOMEONE QUICK TO CUT THIS FABRIC, I HAVE TO GO PEE!!"

LOL

Chasing Hawk 07-07-2012 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz (Post 5346180)
What bell? They got rid of the one here at ours years ago and they only show up if they feel like it.

Walmart is NO LONGER #1 in this country for type business it is and have been losing revenue for a few years now and they wonder why? Wouldn't surprise me any if there were no more Walmarts in the next five years. At the rate they are going it may happen sooner than that.

I doubt WalMart is going anywhere. If you dislike Walmart so much, why drive 20 miles to another one?

cathyvv 07-07-2012 11:27 AM

I remember Zayres - bought my two small kids coats there for less than a buck each. They were nice coats, too, and held up well. Don't remember fabric in Zayres but I wasn't into sewing then so wouldn't have looked for it.

cathyvv 07-07-2012 11:31 AM

You might wind up cutting for many other customers who were wandering the store looking for someone to cut fabric.

I think a buzzer to the Customer Service desk would help. They would get tired of hearing it very quickly and actually get someone to cover the fabric department all the time.

matraina 07-07-2012 11:43 AM

I haven't heard that but I can't believe JoAnn would let Wal*Mart run their fabric department - and at those prices!

nygal 07-07-2012 11:47 AM

Gee my local Walmart got rid of the fabric department a couple of years ago. I miss it. They had some good quality fabrics along with the ...not so good ones.

KathyPhillips 07-07-2012 01:59 PM

I haven't heard that, but in Temple, TX I noticed the fabric dept. has some nice fabrics, more than usual. Ours in Galveston, TX, sadly, does not have fabric.

KathyPhillips 07-07-2012 02:04 PM

I thought she said Walmart Fabric was run by Joann's Fabric.

Originally Posted by matraina (Post 5346320)
I haven't heard that but I can't believe JoAnn would let Wal*Mart run their fabric department - and at those prices!