Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you buy Christmas & Winter fabrics in January? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-buy-christmas-winter-fabrics-january-t33456.html)

DONK 01-09-2010 04:42 PM

Heck yea when you can get them for 50 cents a yard.

Lockeb 01-09-2010 04:45 PM

I buy fabric at any time - any season at any time of the year - especially when I find it on sale for a great price...actually, I picked up some Christmas panels today...so it's already started for another year. 'smile'

lots2do 01-10-2010 07:58 AM

If I see a fabric I love at any time of the year, I'll buy it before I can't find it again. I particularly love snowflake fabric.
I do play a little game with myself. If I see Christmas fabric right before the holiday, I tell myself I don't have time to make anything with it. If I see it in Jan., I think I can make something now and be ready before next Christmas.
By the way, the LQS around here did not put a lot of Christmas fabric on sale after the holidays here.
lots2do

montanaquilter 01-10-2010 08:53 AM

i too buy chrismtas and winter fabric when it's on sale! might as well get a stash ready for next christmas's gifts!!

Granny B 01-10-2010 01:25 PM

I'm addicted to fabric. I know when I walk into a fabric store that I'm going to buy something. I asked my daughter what she is planning to do with all my stuff when I die. She replied "Nothing. I'm making this into a museum!"

kjym 01-10-2010 01:40 PM

I just bought a lot of Christmas Fabric and panels that I have wanted this whole season.
I do this all the time that is why my HB says I have more fabric than most stores I go into.
Also found a lot of Jelly rolls and Fat quarter sets on great sale prices so guess who bought a lot.
Both of my Daughters are into quilting so guess what they are getting for Christmas and Birthdays this next year?
Also when I find books on sale I buy extra's for gifts.
So when gift time rolls around all I have to do is dig in the gift bin. The only problem is if it is a problem I always get one for me to. Kathy kjym

sewcrazygram 01-10-2010 02:00 PM

I bought most of mine before but they had a 60% off plus had a 15% coupon. Went yesterday, what was left was only 25% off. POOR choice of a few fabrics.
We only have a JoAnn's and it is a really small store.
I made table runners for 3 family member, Now need 1 for myself. I plan on making mine reversable for Christmas and winter on the other side.

Honey 01-10-2010 03:52 PM

I bought quite a bit this year (2009) for next years projects. I am always on the watch for Christmas fabric because it is my favorite holiday and I know I'll use it.

rdem 01-10-2010 06:03 PM

yes i do as they go out at 1/2 price mostly :thumbup:

Quilter2B 01-10-2010 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Granny B
I'm addicted to fabric. I know when I walk into a fabric store that I'm going to buy something. I asked my daughter what she is planning to do with all my stuff when I die. She replied "Nothing. I'm making this into a museum!"

My daughter recently moved to Hawaii when my SIL returned from deployment; one of the first things she noticed was that fabric was scarce and expensive on Oahu. I dug thru my stash and sent her some remants - she laughed at me 'cause one still had the store band and it was older than her!!