Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you clean your pins and needles (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-clean-your-pins-needles-t54422.html)

Deborah12687 07-14-2010 07:14 AM

It does make sense that it wasn't the pin it self but what was under my nail that caused the infection. I don't know why she put the shot were she did but she isn't the most friendly person and some what cranky. Any time I have shots from this nurse I sware she uses dull needles or a square ended needle. Maybe its time to make a complaint or start going to a different clinic.

ghostrider 07-14-2010 07:25 AM

All tetanus shots are, quite literally, a pain...but tetanus itself would be WAY worse!! As far as cleaning my pins...I blow the dust bunnies out of the dish every so often, does that count? ;-)

feline fanatic 07-14-2010 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
All tetanus shots are, quite literally, a pain...but tetanus itself would be WAY worse!! As far as cleaning my pins...I blow the dust bunnies out of the dish every so often, does that count? ;-)

:lol: :lol: Yeah, and it makes you a total clean freak! :lol: :lol:

Lori L 07-14-2010 08:24 AM

Dust bunny blowing counts......or as my DH puts it "ghost turd cleaning" LOL

Lori L 07-14-2010 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
Lori ---- thanks for sharing that very useful info with us! :D

Now about that habit of sticking pins in your mouth....please don't do it! One time when I was making a costume for my DD I had a bunch of pins between my lips and I sneezed. Guess what happened ---- they got stuck in my mouth and throat. I freaked out - couldn't breath - couldn't scream - and I was home alone. Thank goodness I could reach them with my fingers and a pair of tweezers to pull them out and that I didn't faint!!!! I have NEVER put a pin or needle in my mouth again. Please, please, please don't do it.

I promise I'll stop! The old ER nurse in me does know better :)

ghostrider 07-14-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lori L
....or as my DH puts it "ghost turd cleaning" LOL

*giggle* given my screen name, we don't call it that here! :lol:

littlehud 07-14-2010 11:37 AM

Yikes, I never thought of that. How scary

Bluphrog 07-14-2010 11:50 AM

[quote=Lori L]

"ghost turd" LOL

Love it!

Luckynumber7 07-14-2010 02:38 PM

Wow, I never thought of that. Thanks for the heads up and hopefully you're feeling better soon.

IrishNY 07-14-2010 05:47 PM

I don't even clean my house very often - I certainly don't think about cleaning my pins and needles! It does sound like something my mother would do. She cleans everything.

Sorry to hear your story - hope you're back to normal soon.